Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Rhat rou rot ragainst raff racks ratt rin ra riddle?
Today is starting off pretty well because I woke up. Sometimes waking up is hard to do.

Last night after I got off of work from my part-time job (why is it still called a part-time job when it's my only job? aren't all jobs part-time since you don't do them all of the time?) I was making pesto and Fabio was watching Scooby Doo (the original ones from the late 1960's) and I noticed something that I never remembered or maybe just didn't notice as a kid. Why does a cartoon like Scooby Doo have a laugh-track? I pretty much think laugh-tracks are ridiculous on anything, except podcasts like Dirty laundry Podcast because that's the point on the podcast, so on a cartoon it's even more absurd. Is there a live studio audience while they draw the cartoons? Fabio left and left the television on, of course, and I was still working on dinner and The Jetson's came on and they had a laugh-track too.

I have worked my current part-time job for over two years now and yesterday at work was one of my favorite days that I have worked there. I have seen some pretty cool things at work over that time but yesterday I actually got to give people jobs. We had a job fair and I was one of the interviewers and if the candidates were well-qualified we had the ability to hire them on the spot. There were lots and lots of people there as you might imagine. It behooved us while doing the interviewing/hiring to make good choices as we would be working directly with these people if they were hired. You know that feeling when you're looking for a job and you know you had a great interview and you get hired. It's even cooler when you get hired at the interview. I have an over-zealous want and need to help people so this was a pretty good day - changing lives for the better.

Last night was my fantasy football draft. I didn't go because I kept all of my players (we are a dynasty league) and I was busy hiring real people for real jobs instead of real people who I was pretending to hire for a team I am pretending to own. I like to play fantasy football but I really don't care for all of the trash-talk that much. There is one "team owner" in particular that talks trash just for the sake of talking-trash and it's difficult not to get sucked into the trash-talk. It is my goal this season to not talk any trash no matter how moronic people get. Starting now. No matter what this idiot says. Starting now. Maybe it's a goal in progress.
Whoopzie!

Fantasy football is funny. People ask me who my favorite football team is (and it's the Miami Dolphins) but I usually think "it's Aaron Rodgers, Jermichael Finley, Ryan Mathews, Jahvid Best, Steven Jackson, Joseph Addai, Michael Crabtree, Anquan Boldin, Kenny Britt, Mercedes Lewis, Ravens Defense, Jeremy Maclin, Chris Ivory, Tony Romo and Sebastian Janikowski" but that's sometimes hard to remember and as my team may change through trades or injuries throughout the season my favorite team may change too. But for now that's my favorite team.

I saw that The Stanley Cup, the National Hockey League trophy that spends time with each player from the NHL champions each off-season, has been injured. One of the players from the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins, Michael Ryder, set it on a table in Newfoundland and the table collapsed. The cup crashed to the ground and has a huge dent on the top and a very long scratch down the side. That's what we would expect a hockey trophy to look like anyway. Now all of the NHL teams will probably have to raise ticket and concession prices so we, the fans, can pay for the new cup.  Then we will find out in an undercover news report that the cup was insured for $20 Gazillion and they made more money than Michael Vick because of this "mishap."

Have a super day. I have lots to do today and some of it is outside so I am happy about the MIDDLEwest weather right now.  Be nice to somebody you don't know today - it may change their life forever. TTTT...MITM (off to see the wizard). TA!
Pineapple-flavored must not have sold very well huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment