Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Champagne Wishes and Caviar Blogs To You Today!

See what too much Iowa state deep-fried butter can do to you?
What a nice cool morning. I found the secret to sleeping into the morning; work until 6:00 AM after being up since 6:00 AM the previous day and not going to bed until nearly 7:00 AM. why didn't I think of this before? I guess me writing this at 9:45 AM actually isn't sleeping in the is it?

I heard that Republican Presidential Candidate Michele Bachmann wished Elvis Presley a happy birthday yesterday. I am pretty sure she realized that Elvis is dead, at least that's what most people believe. If he's dead why wouldn't they let me upstairs at Graceland? Elvis' birthday is January 8th so it seemed odd that Bachmann would wish him happy birthday on August 16th since that was the anniversary of his death. Happy belated death-day anniversary Elvis. Hot damn tamale baby!

I am pretty sure that I shouldn't even be awake yet because I am having a hard time deciding what to write. Did I wish Elvis a happy birthday yet?

There are several people out mowing their lawns right now. I like when the window is open and people mow their lawns when there is a nice breeze outside. New mown grass is a great smell. I wish I hadn't mowed our yard a couple of days ago because I am jonesin' to mow a lawn (I am sure you are about to offer up your lawn for me to mow. Thank you but I wouldn't want to rob you of the sensory-pleasure).

Actress Selma Hayek who is mega-rich since, in addition to being a huge Hollywood star is married to a French billionaire, said in an upcoming Allure magazine article that she never understood "the point of being privileged if you don't get to have the privileges." I applaud her for her honesty. I would be lying if I said I weren't jealous of her husband for all of his money but more so for being married to Selma Hayek. Too bad Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous isn't still around because I think Robin Leach would have a great episode on his hands. Hayek seems like a very nice person and why should she have to be ashamed of being rich? Once while working for UNICEF (The United Nations Children's Fund) Hayek breastfed a hungry baby in Sierra Leone. She said, "If you have milk, you have milk, and if they're hungry, they're hungry." Maybe right now when so many people are fighting to make end's meet her timing is poor but we all know that politicians and business-heads and entertainers are richer than most of us and by not talking about it nothing changes At least she seems to do good with her wealth and fame unlike the hundreds who abuse their celebrity with no purpose.
 
Celebrity and riches that serve no purpose...hmmmmm.... How's this one grab you? MGM Resorts International (just the name says excess and riches and celebrity doesn't it?) has just finished building a hotel-tower called The Harmon right in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip as part of their $8.5 Billion CityCenter project. Now they are proposing to the city of Las Vegas that they implode the building because it would not be able to withstand a large earthquake. It's great that they were able to construct a building that is unsafe in the first place. Las Vegas is always known for excess but now they're building structures just to blow them up? Something seems pretty fishy about this to me. We still haven't found Jimmy Hoffa yet. Is the implosion going to be in an upcoming film to help fund the implosion in six months followed by four months of clean-up?  I guess they're creating jobs at least. I am sure they have some kind of insurance for such an incident and will end up making even more money by destroying a brand-new building. Maybe I should get my cameras out there and start shooting a sequence for my upcoming Six Million Dollar Man film that hasn't even begun to be written yet. I could let the world and the stupidity of things like this write the script for me. What an opening sequence this could be!

Thank you for stopping by to read my tired ramblings. I shouldn't be allowed near a computer when I'm tired. I hope all of you champagne wishes and caviar dreams come true today. TTTT...MITM (probably back to bed for a bit)

No comments:

Post a Comment