Friday, August 12, 2011

Blog Tie Optional!

It's Friday!!!! (wink, wink, nudge, nudge, now what I mean, say no more) Today is Cha Cha's 29th birthday so if you see he make sure you tell her happy birthday.

What's the deal with all of the riots in London? The last I heard was that they are being orchestrated through Blackberrys (should the plural of Blackberry, the mobile devise, be Blackberries or Blackberrys?) I think the Brits are mistaking "Flash Mobs" as being violent. For my London friends - please let these thugs know that Flash Mobs are people just dancing to some music not people looting and assaulting people; those sorts of things are saved for large sporting events. The last I heard the officials were going to ban social media so they couldn't communicate the way they had been.
Does the tie HAVE TO be black?

Yesterday Cha Cha and I received an invitation for a wedding that is "black tie optional." I am exercising my option and wearing a black tie. How often to you get to wear a tuxedo without looking like a dope or being IN a wedding or a coffin (Dracula)?  It's at the Union League Club of Chicago. Some of the honorary members of the club are: Ulysses S. Grant, Rutherford B. Hayes, Benjamin Harrison, Teddy Roosevelt, Douglas MacArthur, Dwight Eisenhower, Gerald Ford, George H.W. Bush, Sandra Day O'Connor... They have a lot of art in their private collection including a Monet! How do I not wear a tuxedo? A block of rooms has been reserved at the Union League Club of Chicago for us too! I bet if that place is haunted it would be pretty cool. This blog and the Dirty Laundry Podcast sure have their perks! Movin' on up to the east side. That will be fun to blog and podcast about!

Hey Hollywood - thanks again! You know how I have been harping about how movie studios are getting lazy and making so many remakes? Well, television is following suit. I guess Hawaii Five-O has been working out so well that now it's time for Charlie's Angels. Drew Barrymore must have something to do with it because I saw that she's going to be in the first episode (not as an Angel). I hope H. R. Puffenstuff is next to be remade! I bet that would make for a pretty cool movie actually - Tim Burton!!!
Gift horse or horse as a gift?
I went and picked up the car from the mechanic yesterday morning that was supposed to be "$465 out the door." When I got there the bill was for $465.36. I guess "out the door" must cost 36 cents. I didn't say anything I just paid it.

I heard on the radio that our city is expanding our public library. They are adding a $100,000 addition or something like that. Seriously? How many people even go to the library anymore? I am a romantic and I love libraries but every time I go there I feel like I'm James Franco in 127 Hours. Couldn't $100,000 better serve the community? I guess there was an anonymous donor who designated the money specifically for that purpose. I didn't The person may not have specifically said it HAD TO be used for that reason. It was a nice gesture but I always like to look gift horses in the mouths. What the Helser does that mean anyway? Actually I know what it means but it's still a stupid expression.

I have been talking about movies a lot here and it made me have a premonition. I predict that within the next five years we will have commercials running during movies at the theaters; the same way that they run during television shows now. How do we form a group now to combat my feeling? I think I need to organize a grass-roots movement against this. It's a win for me either way. If it happens I can say "I told you so" and if it doesn't I can say "we stopped them!!!"

Alright I have to go donate plasma before we begin the Magical Cha Cha Tour. I am sure you have today off work because of Cha Cha's Birthday so if you want to be part of the spanking machine make sure you meet us you know where at you know when by that place where we did you know what with you know who back when you know was you knowing. TTT?...MITM (out like a trout with gout about his snout) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment