Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Blog or Shinola? (a little of both I guess)

I just dropped Cha Cha off at the train for her 6:21 AM ride to Evanston. Now I am back home and have to take her car over to the mechanic (brakes) and drop it off at 7:30 and then go to donate plasma at 8:30 and then come back here and finish this blog (it's 6:59AM as I write this sentence). Shortly after that we have to head to Rockford to the funeral. So, if you're gonna rob our house today that is our schedule and good luck working around all of that. I am not 100% sure that everybody is going with to all of those things and I am certain that our killer dog Maisy will be here to welcome you. Don't be fooled by her name Maisy's a killer.

While I was driving back from the train "station" I heard on the radio that they are remaking another movie unnecessarily. Hollywood - you're really on my Shinola list. They are remaking Dirty Dancing. Is Jennifer Gray going to play the mom in this one? If they feel they have to remake movies why don't they remake older films that were made before special effects were good? I guess they did that with War of the Worlds and The Day the Earth Stood Still; this has been going on longer than I thought now that I think of it. Maybe they should remake Black Swan and make it good. I would appreciate that more.

I also heard on the radio that the sun is having a bunch of eruptions and that may interrupt communications here on Earth - do a movie about that! The dude on the radio (communications seemed fine then) said it is predicted to go on until 2013. Isn't 2012 in the MIDDLE of now and then? Those wacky Mayans and their calendars!

There are talks that childrens' lunches that they bring from home are unsafe by the time that they eat them at school. Some waste-of-time study is saying that kids' lunches are not cold enough when they brown-bag it to school and some of the food could make them sick. I make Fabio's lunch for school because he prefers that over the hot lunch the school offers. In my case I don't put anything in there that needs to stay too cold. Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, carrot sticks, fruit cup... The study is saying that the lunches aren't cold enough even for fruits and vegetables. The last time I checked carrots were grown in the hot soil, apples grow in the hot sun on trees outside and how about pineapples and oranges - kinda warm where they grow. Hopefully most parents have enough brains not to send a carton on milk or something like that in a lunch. This study is probably funded by the schools in an attempt to get parents to force their children to get hot school lunches. I always think somebody is up to something - I must have a devious mind but most of the time I later discover that I was correct. Maybe it's the medical and insurance companies trying to get the kids to eat the school lunches to up their businesses?
Oh right....that seems much healthier than warm carrots!

     I am kinda getting tired of fantasy football already and the season hasn't even started yet. I cannot figure out what it is that's bothering me about it. I will either figure it out or I will just muddle through. I used to be entertained by all of the trash-talk but I think I am beyond that now so maybe that's it. There is one person in the league in particular that thinks he's clever and funny and nothing could be father from fact. Since I am already paid up for the season because of last year's monies carrying-over I will play this year and see what happens. I am pretty happy with my team and we haven't even drafted yet (we are a dynasty league).  That means we keep our guys from year-to-year and can dump players and pick up new ones or just keep them all or any combination in there. I think I may just keep everyone and possibly not even go to the draft this year. we'll see as the time gets closer.

I guess I will end here. I have done the train thing, dropped the car off at the mechanic and now off to donate plasma (you didn't even know I left in there did you?). Have a delicious Tuesday and just know that Hump Day is only a day away. Make sure to listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast if you haven't already - I unloaded the new episode last night. TTTT...MITM (feeling the need to bleed). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment