Friday, August 5, 2011

What's Better a "Perfect" Blog or a "Perkier" Blog?

Wikipedia now has Dirty Laundry
I have been lying in bed from 2:00AM until now (5:00AM) unable to sleep so I thought I may as well blog now. I turned the television on hoping the droning of the early morning programming would help me sleep but it didn't. It actually created even more problems because I had to decide whether "Perkier Boobs!" on the WOW network or "Perfect Boobs" on the Style network were better. I suppose perfect would encompass perkier right? Sometimes perkiness is aggravating too though. So, now to decided to make a perkier or perfect blog!

In my never ending pursuit for the perfect job (I am convinced it is out there) I saw where there is a company that is need of writers. It is a job I am guaranteed to get should I want. Unfortunately, however, the pay isn't very good. Pay isn't my primary motivator so I could overcome little pay but this job garners no compensation. Wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales says they are scrambling to make editing procedures easier so they can "replenish" their ranks. Wikipedia is supposedly the internet's fifth most-visited site. Wikipedia is very interesting to me. It's totally done by people like you and me. Anyone can post an entry so who knows how valid the information is? I know in schools, at least Fabio's school, Wikipedia is not allowed as a source for a written project. It's probably a good starting point for people to get information but then they have to corroborate the information by a credible source so is it just like the Facebook of source media?  I can tell I am tired because while writing this I went over to Wikipedia and got lost in there for awhile. It's gonna be hard to stay awake today while donating plasma.

I got sidetracked. I started writing the Wikipedia Dirty Laundry Podcast page for a bit. I am finding that short attention spans, at least in my case, may be caused by lack of sleep. It is a wiki page in progress but I have launched it. Now I have another never-ending writing project - to keep that page updated. I guess I live to write.

I am having a tough time recently keeping my protein levels up while not eating meat and still trying not to gain weight. I guess I am a peskatarian I found out but peskatarians eat chicken and turkey and other fowl which I do not. I am a vegetarian plus fish or a peskatarian minus birds. Whatever I am I am having a difficult time balancing the balls of protein, weight and no meat. I should consider the protein powder (shake) a meal but that alone doesn't cut it for me. My mind can't convince my stomach that it isn't hungry. I have to get back into the habit of eating a lot of pickles and steamed broccoli. That was one of my ways of losing all of the weight. Bottom line is that I have just been getting lazy in my eating habits again and I need to get back on track. I always use you as a sounding board because I have found that when I put something in writing it seems to make more of an impact on me. So, thank you for being my strength and reading this which keeps me writing.
São Paulo Mayor Burt

I heard that Brazil is talking about having a Heterosexual Pride Day. I guess that is fine. I believe everybody should be happy with and celebrate who they are but don't all of these celebrations actually separate us rather than bring us together? Why can't every day just be Earth Day and we all celebrate being Earthlings? Don't these segregated celebrations just continue to drive wedged between us? The city councilors of São Paulo, Brazil's largest city, have approved the day though the mayor still has to sign off on it. It was started by the right-wing Democrats Party. That's correct...right-wing Democrats; everything is different in Brazil isn't it? The situation is much deeper than I want to go into here but I will put a link right here in case you are interested in more information about this lunacy. I just keep wondering why we all can't just embrace our differences rather than wanting everyone to be the same. I have learned so many things from many people who are very different than I am which have made me a much better person. How do some people become so pompous and arrogant to think that they know everything and they are perfect? Adolf Hitler thought he and his way were perfect too and I am pretty sure most of us agree that he was wrong.

Holy cow I went in a thousand different directions this morning without any sleep. I had better get ready to go get my plasma recycled. I hope you have a nice Friday - I feel that there is a better chance that people will have better Fridays than the previous four days for some reason. I may blog again tomorrow though I have to get a nap in there somewhere because tomorrow night is the paranormal investigation. The not sleeping thing will probably come in handy there won't it? TTTT...MITM (off to see the plazmard)

No comments:

Post a Comment