Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Another Do-Gooder Blogging!

So those are the same?
It's raining, it's pouring, the MIDDLE man is blogging!

As I write today's blog I am listening to the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast and I have a needle in my left arm pumping blood from my body, separating the plasma and pumping the deplasmified blood into my veins. I have been here for over an hour because I had to have my yearly physical prior to donation. So, now, in addition to being a professional bleeder, I am also a professional physical-taker. Obviously my physical went well or I wouldn't be bleeding right now. My average pulse over the past year has been 51 and my average blood pressure has been 117/76. I guess those are good - at least good enough. I am the poster-boy of MIDDLE health. I was going to say that I am the picture of health so now I will probably go out and get struck by lightning or hit by a train or something but while I was waiting for the nurse to check me out I was reading the newspaper and saw that a person was killed by a train in our downtown Friday. He was 28-years-old and a former college wrestler. According to the article he was walking/running across the tracks trying to beat the train. You never know when it's your time but make smart choices to try to tip the odds in your favor.

I read on the internet this morning that Lindsay Lohan wore the exact same dress (not literally the EXACT same one) to Kim Kardashian's wedding that Pippa Middleton wore to her sister's (Princess Catherine - I refuse to call her Duchess of Cambridge) wedding. Look at the photo. I am no fashion designer but those look different to me. They both look great and they look different. The story made it sound like this was some kind of a scandal. Who cares? Isn't that a compliment when someone copies your style and fashion-sense? It appears that the celebrity media just likes to kick people while they're down. Leave Lindsay alone; she's "doing her time" and you're not making it easier by this nonsense. Lindsay, I know you are a regular MITM reader and just know I think you looked fantastic and I am sure Pippa is flattered that you chose a similar dress.

If you listen to the Dirty Laundry Podcast like Pippa and Lindsay do you know of my love for the musical-movement Playing For Change. September 17th is the first National Playing For Change Day. I have a meeting scheduled this afternoon to discuss organizing and hosting a benefit musical day to help the cause at a local venue here in town. I will keep you updated but all of you musicians and performers or all types who care about the global-community start dusting off your instruments (TWSS) and material because Uncle Agitator may soon need YOU!!! Even if you don't perform come on out and listen to some music and help the cause. I have several of you musicians and performers in mind (you probably know who you are) so be prepared. Maybe I need to start Dirty Laundry Productions or Dirty Laundry Entertainment or Dirty Laundry Worldwide. It has always been a dream  of mine to have a job doing something I love and am passionate about. I love entertaining, helping others, and making people smile - those are my big three I think (since I am not good-looking enough for number four). The closest I have ever been is when I was in management at Zanies Comedy Club. I left there to follow the money - what a maroon! One of the things I want to do is make our own Playing For Change-type song/video with all of the attendees included! I have a couple of ideas for songs but send me your ideas; maybe we'll do more than one? Stay tuned for more details here and at DirtyLaundryPodcast.com.
Come join us, come join us, we'd love to have you join us!

I have some things to do before I head downtown (I think I am going to start saying "uptown" because that has more of a positive connotation) so I had better wrap this up. Start thinking about being a part of the event that isn't even officially scheduled yet. But The Secret makes me know that it will be scheduled to happen by the end of today! Think positive thoughts for me, and the world, as I go out to make sure we can all do our part to save the planet. Enjoy the rain and be thankful it's not Hurricane Irene (every time I hear that I think of Granny Moses of The Beverly Hillbillies). TTTT...MITM (out to make dis murld a better pace ip I tan). Do me a favor and hold a good thought (The Secret) for my friend Dena for the next couple of days who is going to have surgery this week if you would be so kind. Thank you for that and thank you for stopping in here. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment