Saturday, August 20, 2011

MITM On The Lamb Again?

Dillinger's getaway car (not a 4Runner)
I am waiting for the police to show up at my door for something I did not do. Half-a-dozen months ago or so I told you about me getting a letter in the mail that I received stating that I (my vehicle) had supposedly been in a hit and run accident that I was not in. Someone in Chicago had supposedly been hit by a maroon/burgundy Toyota 4Runner and the license plate that was reported to have been the perp (I love that word) supposedly matched my plate. Spoiler alert...since I used the word "supposedly" so many times you may have already guessed that I, and my vehicle, are innocent. We do have a 4-Runner but it is titanium/silver, not maroon/burgundy, and at the time of the supposed hit-and-run we, with our 4Runner, were nearly 500 miles away in Carbondale with a titanium-clad alibi. I concluded that it was some kind of an insurance scam and I proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that it was not me nor my vehicle involved. Now to why I am expecting the police to be contacting me soon... my good buddy John R. posted a story on his Facebook about a McDonald's that was robbed by a DARK GRAY 4Runner in Oak Brook. The DARK GRAY vehicle drove up to the drive-up window and robbed the restaurant. Couldn't the dude at the window just have ducked? Shoved napkins or french fries in the barrel of the gun and clogged the arteries of the weapon? I guess they found the 4Runner that had been reported stolen before the drive-up hold-up but I know somehow it's gonna end up my fault. I will tell you now that it was not me. I, once again, was on the way home from Carbondale, this time via Macomb, and there are surveillance cameras that can put me at a gas station near Iowa. Good thing I write this blog so I can remember where I was every time a person commits a crime with a 4Runner. I think if I worked for the advertising agency for Toyota I would advertise the 4Runner as "the decade's top choice of getaway thieves everywhere." The way the economy is going I think that may be a great selling-point.

Today is National Radio Day. It is the day that the radio was supposedly invented back in the 1800's. Radio has played a large part in my life and most of your lives. My college major even had radio in the title (Radio-Television). I have listened to the radio since as long as I can remember. No one person can be credited with the invention of the radio since it took the ideas and technologies of many people and it continues to evolve every day. I am sure Howard Stern will try to say he invented radio though. Radio has led to one of the great recent passions of my life - Dirty Laundry Podcast. Without radio there would be no Dirty Laundry so thank you radio!

Since Donald Trump is not going to Kim Kardashian's wedding because he would rather golf Cha Cha and I got invited to fill The Donald's spot. I would have gone had I made the first cut and been invited but since I now know that we were merely at the top of the B-List, even ahead of Kathy Griffin on the D-list, I cannot find it in my heart to do. I think I may play Wii Golf instead. I haven't played that in a long time...I may actually do that soon. Anybody interested in rounding out my Wii foursome?
"Need money for spelling lessons" would be more profitable

I heard that $48,000,000 in cash has been found in Japan and returned since the earthquake/tsunami. People all over the country have found wallets and safes... filled with cash that has totaled $48 million (nation-wide so far) and have returned it. I like to believe that most people in the United States would return cash that they found in a wallet that had someone's identification in it if they knew that the owner of the wallet/purse/safe... probably lost everything but I am not so sure. Are people in Japan nicer and more honest than Americans? Do they believe in karma more that we do? Would we do the same? I know that I would return money if I found it with identification included but if it didn't have identification would I return it? Opie Taylor would. Greg, Peter and Bobby Brady would. I like to think I would too; I believe in karma and just doing the right thing. 

Have a nice weekend. Tomorrow we record the podcast so make sure to get your questions and incredible praise into DirtyLaundryPodcast.com today if you want to be world-famous. TTT (probably Monday)...MITM (vapor - poof!)

No comments:

Post a Comment