Saturday, August 6, 2011

Murder By Blog!

I hope Truman Capote is there tonight!
Sorry if I smell a little gamey or if I sweat on you but I just got done working out and thought I would blog before I showered. Thank goodness for you the computers haven't adopted that smell-o-vision that I have been working for several years.

Tonight's the night of the big paranormal investigation at the Tinker Swiss Cottage in Rockford. There are only eight of us (that was the maximum for the event). Freddie, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy, Scooby, Splenda, Stacee, Craig, Craig's brother, Craig's sister-in-law, Willy Adkins, Scott (the historian) and me. Hey, that's twelve - I call shenanigans already. That means that four of us are ghosts. Spoiler Alert - am I Bruce Willis? I do feel ignored sometimes now that I think of it. Maybe that's why people read this blog and listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast - I am communicating from beyond and I don't even know it. (Did I just start writing a screenplay by accident?) I picture tonight being like a real-life version of Clue. Like Murder By Death but, hopefully without the murder and death. I am really excited about tonight. I think Splenda and I are going to leave early and swing by Bloods Point Cemetery on the way. I also found out that the Tinker Swiss Cottage is not very far form where I grew up until I was in fourth grade so we may swing by there and have a little looksee. Ghosts from the past I guess.

On a sort of related note my Aunt Linda died in Wisconsin yesterday. The reason it is sort of related is that she, like my parents, is originally from Rockford. We will not know when the funeral will be (either Monday or Tuesday) but it will be held in Rockford at our family cemetery. I cannot help but think that if there are really spirits that we may encounter tonight hers would be one of them. Wouldn't her spirit return to Rockford where she spent most of her life? I always look for a way to further tie things together and maybe creep myself out more.

Why is the word "speech" spelled with two e's but "speak" is spelled with an "ea?" They both have the same vowel sound in the MIDDLE.

I heard that Rowen Atkinson (Mr. Bean) crashed his $1,000,000 McLaren F1 Thursday night.  I guess he's alright. I always thought Mr. Bean to be a goof, which he's supposed to be of course, but not very funny to me. Rowen Atkinson, I am just coming to realize, is a genius. If I were him and I ever did anything like crash my million dollar sports car I would say it was for the new Mr. Bean movie. Then I would make a Mr. Bean movie and get out of any tickets and have the movie company pay me for the car I ruined for the film. Maybe Mr. Bean is a pretty smart character after all; it apparently is good enough for Atkinson to afford a million dollar automobile huh?
"Let's try that shot one more time."

As long as we're talking about comedians - today is Lucille Ball's 100th birthday. Or, it would be had she not died when she was 77. Cha Cha loves Lucy (pun by accident) but I never really got it. Lucille Ball always seemed like an ornery person to me and then when she got older she reminded me of my crabby grandma with her gravelly smoker's voice. I always tried to imagine how tough it must have been for Lucy to be a pioneer woman in a man's (comedy) world so I give her a lot of latitude but she just seemed kinda mean to me. Great, here I am getting ready to go investigate ghosts and I am bad-mouthing two dead women. My grandma was from Rockford too so I may really be messing with fire.

I had better get going because I really need to get into the shower. Have a great weekend and I doubt that I will blog tomorrow because, as you know, Sunday is podcast day. Additionally, the investigation finishes at 3Am and then the long drive home. I will try to update my Facebook status tomorrow so you know we survived the investigation. If not, I will see you on the other side; either the other side of the weekend or the other other side. TTT??????....MITM (out to the other side)
hit it Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment