Saturday, August 27, 2011

And the Blog Goes On

Hit It Roz!
It's odd how things go on while we sleep. We all get wrapped-up in our own little worlds and sometimes forget that things are happening simultaneously all over; some good and some bad. The first thing I usually do when I come into Kajunkles Studio to write the blog is go on Facebook to see what I have missed and check a few of the news sites to see if there's something I shouldn't write about so I am not insensitive to topics if something has happened in the world that I should know about and maybe not poke fun of that day. I am a person who is always prepared for the worst. I don't fear the worst but I try to be prepared for anything that happens. Because of this I have always been a go-to guy in time of crisis. You might find this ironic as I am very positive and optimistic but I am always waiting for the other shoe to drop inside my head. I think some of that comes from being a father, some of it comes from being in management most of my working-life and some of it comes from just plain neurosis.

The most disturbing news I saw was that my good friend Judi's brother has been missing for six days in Arizona. They found him after six days of searching but he is in critical, but stable, condition. He was hit by a car, hit and run obviously since he has been missing for six days, while riding his bike. My thoughts are with Judi and her family, especially her brother, while he heals and recovers. My friend Lance wrote about how his heart is heavy as he drives back home from his aunt's funeral. I just recently went through the same thing and relatives' deaths always make us think, "why didn't I spend more time visiting them?" We get wrapped up in our own non-stop lives and don't take enough time to smell the roses. My friend Terri posted that she found a lost dog. She wrote on her Facebook status that the dog looks like he was abandoned by someone. He's skinny like he hasn't been fed and he is wandering around trying to figure out where he is. She's looking for a place for him to live. Three very different things that changed people's, and dog's, lives while most of us slept. I can only speak for myself but I take too many things for granted. I try not to do that but we have so much to worry about and think about these days that we can't focus on all of them all of the time.Things are going on all over the world all the time. Some good, some bad, some seemingly insignificant. Everything and everyone are significant. all things and all people impact other things. Think about what you do and what you think and what you are because it all impacts something and someone else constantly.
I always try to remember to thank you every day when you stop to take time to read this blog. Your reading this impacts me because it makes me continue to write the blog and maybe, from time-to-time, something I babble about here might help someone; even if to just cheer them up or make them forget their problems for a moment. Maybe to make some realize that they are not the only weird one out there...somebody else is as silly and goofy as they are. Everyone has fears and regrets and loves. We all have all of these things but we don't always express them. This blog always takes its own direction. I had no idea I was going to write all of this sap this morning but here it is - here is who I am. Judi told me this morning that my sappiness is one of the things she likes about me most. I hope so Judi because that's probably one thing about me that will never change I am afraid.

And now for something completely different...

Dan Ackroyd has said that Ghostbusters III is going to start filming in Spring 2012 with or without Bill Murray. I know I am no Bill Murray but I would like to officially throw my MATT in the ring to be a Ghostbuster in this film. Maybe Pete Venkman got into some ecloplasm that turned him incredibly gorgeous and desirable. Or maybe it turned him into me instead? Who is this Ben Stiller character anyway?

The dedication of the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial in Washington D.C. is today. Dr. King didn't take things for granted. He knew that things should and could be better and he dedicated his life and ended up giving his life for these beliefs. He did it for all of us but if everyone just did it for themselves I believe the ripple-effect of all the good and happiness and joy would make this a better world for all of us.

I have to wrap-up because my dad will be here in a bit so we can head over to CornFest. I will not take being with him for granted today. Enjoy each other today and quit putting off what you've been meaning to do because time doesn't stand still. Ironic coming from a world-class procrastinator huh?  My thoughts are with all of the people on the east coast as Hurricane Irene approaches. Fortunately they know it's coming and hopefully they're are prepared to take what Mother Nature wants to hand them over the next few days. My thoughts are also with Judi, Lance and Terri (Terri's new pet-projects anyway - ha ha, pet-project... I crack me up). Have a nice weekend and cherish the little things and try not to take anything for granted. TTTMonday...MITM (out waxing nostalgic), NAMASTE!
send em off with something happy Roz!

2 comments:

  1. Matt, Thank You for this Blog. It cheered me up from some very unfortunate events in my life that are going on as well. My thought and prayers are with Judii, Terry and your friend Lance as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Greg! Cheering one person up makes me happy so thank you to you right back :)

    ReplyDelete