Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A Whole Lotta Bloggin' is What I'll Be Bringin'

Channeling the great Reuben Kincaid
Hit it Roz!
There was an earthquake in Washington D.C. and New York City (the East Coast) yesterday. As usual the media is making a bigger thing out of his than it needs to be. They just have to make their jobs appear necessary and fill the 24-hour news cycle so they make bigger deals out of everything so we think we need them. Don't they know that all you need is love. That's right love - love is all you need.

I mentioned yesterday that I had a meeting to discuss hosting a benefit for Playing For Change. The date has been set for Saturday September 17th from noon to 4PM at The House Cafe in DeKalb, IL. I am currently in talks with a few bands (one in particular that I think would be right for this show) to appear on the bill but I haven't "signed" anyone yet so if you have some ideas and have connections to musical acts I am wide-open. It's weird to be negotiating with bands - I feel like Reuben Kincaid. I have about three weeks to try to turn nothing into something. The purpose for the benefit is to help a cause that I believe in very much on their first "national day" - National Playing For Change Day. Please keep the date open and consider coming and being a part of history to try to bring peace to the world through music. Similar benefits will be happening all over the world that day. I am open to all suggestions and any ideas you may have. I always talk about being part of the solution so here I go - help me be part of the solution.

I saw Ving Rhames on something the other day and wondered if he has resentment for Michael Clarke Duncan. I think they're both great but as soon as Duncan burst onto the Hollywood scene we rarely see Rhames anymore.

I read that Reverend Al Sharpton (or is it "The" Reverend Al Sharpton?) is getting his own show on MSNBC starting Monday called PoliticsNation. I like him but I cannot really even tell you why. He just seems like a nice guy to me but I am open to rebuttal because I could probably be swayed either way (maybe it's my whole affinity for passionate people). I have made a new friend over the past several months, thanks again to The Facebook, who is scheduled to speak with Sharpton tonight on The Chris Matthews Show. She was scheduled for last night's show but the media decided to start the 24-Hour Earthquake Channel. She is part of the group known as the "Paul Ryan 7" that have been protesting at Wisconsin Congressman Paul Ryan's office this week. I have been a member of one of her The Facebook fan pages for quite some time and asked her to be on the Dirty Laundry Podcast a while ago because of all of the great things she does. She will be on the podcast in the next week or two and, in the meantime, she is making many more stories for Cha Cha and I to talk to her about. I love passion and she definitely has it and she's carrying a lot of the water for the rest of us. I don't think these unsung heroes should remain unsung!
"Good God y'all!" James Brown

I need to get some things done so I had better get a move on. Please let me know if you have any ideas for the Dirty Laundry Podcast National Playing For Change Day event (that's almost as long as Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race For The Cure). I would love all of the help and suggestions you can muster. At the very least consider coming out and watching the show. If you've always dreamed of being on the podcast (and who hasn't) here's your chance - be part of the benefit staff/crew! I hope this becomes an annual event, as I am sure Playing For Change will do this annually, and it will be great one day to say we were there on the ground floor. It also should give us something to podcast about and me to blog about for the next few weeks. Don't worry, there will still be the usual non-sense as well; I talk nonsense, therefore I am. Have a humpariffic Hump Day. Thanks for stopping by today - you always make me smile. TTTT...MITM (out to make a difference)
 Might as well keep the theme going Roz!

No comments:

Post a Comment