Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Holy Bionic Butter sticks!

Better, Strong, Faster
Cue today's bionic theme Roz!
A great big Tuesday howdy to ya! I am writing this a little later than usual because I have a weird work schedule for the next several weeks and I am trying to get acclimated to it.

For the past couple of weeks I have been complaining off and on about Hollywood producing so many remake. I have thought of a great movie they should make inspired by a television show from my yute. I think The Six Million Dollar Man would be a great movie. I even bet Lee Majors would be happy to play Oscar Goldman. I loved The Six Million Dollar Man. Maybe I should work up a "treatment" and send it to one of my big celebrity friends. Should it be a serious movie or a silly movie? I think serious right? I wonder if Lindsey Wagner should be in it too? Wasn't Sandra Bullock bionic in one of the bionic spin-off hopefuls (Bionic Showdown: The Bionic Woman and the Six Million Dollar Man)? If I could get Sandra Bullock to even do a cameo that would help the film right off the Matt. I had the Steve Austin action figure as a kid and he always kicked the crap out of G.I. Joe - and that was when G.I. Joe was Barbie-sized too! I may have to get on that writing. I am always so wise to put all of my idea on here for anyone to steal. Good thing nobody reads the blog (except you).

I saw that Zsa Zsa Gabor is celebrating her 25th wedding anniversary. I bet her previous eight marriages accumulated didn't equal 25 years. I have never been a big fan of Zsa Zsa, though I loved Eva, but I have to give her credit for not settling on something she knew was wrong and then finally getting it right. Perseverance pays off!

I don't know if you have listened to the Dirty Laundry Podcast yet but Cha Cha talked about health and obesity in her Beef of the Week on this week's show which made me think about something from our trip down south last weekend. One of the most busy restaurants we saw as we passed by several of them was Golden Corral. I think we must have passed three or four and there was one right next to our hotel and every time I saw one the parking lot was jam-packed. I have never been to one but I know it is a buffet-style restaurant. It's funny how the restaurant doesn't try to hide the fact that they want their customers to make pigs and cows of themselves...the call it Golden CORRAL! Round 'em up and get 'em over to the slop troughs. My guess is that they don't have to replenish the salad bar part too often. Maybe there are people who could go to one of those places and practice restraint but I wouldn't dare go in there because I would probably walk out with a blue ribbon for over-indulging and a branded behind. A Matt has to know his limitations!
They coulda left that second line out

That makes me remember a radio story I heard while I was driving for endless hours last weekend.  At the Iowa State Fair you could get deep fried butter (that video will help you stay on your diet). It was, literally, an entire stick of butter skewered then covered by a cinnamon honey batter and deep fried. Oh yeah, then it was glazed. It kind of looks like a corn dog. The butter must melt in the deep fryer I imagine and it becomes like the most fattening doughnut on a stick on the planet. No wonder we have a weight problem in this country. My town's Cornfest is coming up very soon and I bet anything that somebody there will try to copy this artery-clogging concoction. It should be on the dessert table at Golden Corral.

Also while were driving down south we passed Arcola, Illinois and it dawned on me that Illinois is where the Sock Monkey was invented (Rockford, IL) and where Raggedy Ann and Andy were invented (Arcola). I don't know why I think that's cool but maybe I am still reminiscing over my Six Million Dollar Man action figure. I wish I still had that, my Planet of the Apes action figures, my G.I. Joe's and my Evel Knievel action figure (they weren't dolls they were action figures)!

I have made myself ill with some of the blog today. I need to focus on the bionic part and not as much on the gastric part. Have a great day and stay away from the corrals and the butter sticks on sicks. The weather is still nice in the MIDDLEwest so if you were one of the unfortunate ones who was dared to eat something you shouldn't have in Iowa this past weekend it's a great day to get out there and jog or ride your bike to do the butter burn. TTTT...MITM (out of the saddle again)

No comments:

Post a Comment