Thursday, August 25, 2011

You & Me Baby Ain't Nothin' but Bloggers...

So that name's taken huh? Drat!
Hit is Roz! (is anybody surprised that I have always liked this song?)

Thursday's here! Yesterday I was pretty sure Thursday was gonna happen today; I'm getting pretty good at predicting these things lately. I have so many things going on in my pea-brain but I am still having a hard time sorting-out what to blog about on this fine, feathered Thursday.

I have been working pretty diligently on the Playing For Change Day benefit since my Tuesday meeting but I am running into some snags. Firstly, being in a college town I was kind of counting on a large part of our donating audience to be the students of the university but it turns out that the football team has a game that day, which ordinarily wouldn't be that big a deal, but this game is going to be held at Chicago's Soldier Field where they will play the University of Wisconsin which is a big deal so most of our town and the university's faculty... will be in Chicago while I am trying to hold a benefit concert in a ghost town. I have been getting some cooperation and helpful ideas from several of the people in the College of Visual and Performing Arts at the college but most of them will be at the game too. If a benefit falls in the forest does it make a sound (impact)? I have to decide rather quickly whether or not that date is a viable one. It just seemed so right since it happened to be a Saturday and it is the exact day of National Playing For Change Day. Maybe waiting until winter when people are looking for more things to do inside would be smarter. It's never a bad time to raise money and awareness for a great cause is it? I am not canceling yet but I am weighing the pros and cons for the good and productivity of the benefit. Just a little pothole in the road.

Tuesday there is some kind of a hiring going on for part-time help at my part-time job. I do not know the specifics yet other than the time (1 - 4PM) but if you or someone you know are looking for a part-time job near DeKalb, IL let me know and I will get you the details. I have worked part-time there for over two years and it's a pretty fun and unique place to work.

The recent U.S east-coast earthquake has spawned some pretty interesting studies. I am sure these studies are not new but they're interesting nonetheless. Experts are studying video footage of animals at the Washington D.C.'s National  Zoo just before the earthquake and are finding that animals are much more in-tune with the planet than we are. This is no big surprise. I know we, as a species, were more in-tune with Earth and what was going on when we lived in caves and trees and huts. Every day should be Earth Day. A few of the things I heard were that the beavers took to the water just before the tremors, red ruffed lemurs went straight up into the trees and "sounded the alarm" as they do in the wild when they sense danger and birds, particularly flamingos, all huddled together just before the Earth shook. This is the way they protect themselves in the wild when there is suspected danger too. We should all be a little more like Tarzan I think. It's weird how a lot of these things we touched on a little in the Dirty Laundry Podcast (show #22) when we talked with our archeologist friends. Maybe I should move the Playing For Change benefit to April. That would give me plenty of time to book acts and promote it and it could coincide with Earth Day. Seven months ought to be enough time. Also odd is that Earth Day, April 22nd, in 2012 is on a Sunday (good day for a benefit concert) and I just mentioned our podcast #22. 2012 has two 2's (kinda like an 01 sandwich with 2's for bread). It could be a benefit to celebrate Playing For Change, Earth Day and also that we will be 1/4 the way through 2012 and "the Mayans are wrong so far." Maybe we should be like the beavers and hold the benefit in water in case of an earthquake.

I just looked at my blog book and saw many things that make me wonder about myself. I told Cha Cha and few things I want for my birthday, because she asked as I really don't want anything, and I wrote them down in the book so I wouldn't forget. Here is what I wrote, "birthday - iron, ironing board, lap dance... lap dance auditions." Apparently I am holding auditions for lap dancers for my birthday. I have not decided how the iron and ironing board are involved but I have a pretty creative imagination and I do have thoughts there too now. I also wrote "a bird in the bush is worth two in the hand" I think referring to the thought that it's better to leave nature in nature where it belongs. I don't know why I write what I write half the time. I am sure you wonder that too.

Seems like it's going to be a nice day - good day to get into nature and mow the lawn I think. Have a nice day and if you sense the ground rumbling jump in the water (maybe grab an ironing board too). I am going to leave you with a thought of one of my favorite philosophers Soliel Moon Frye, "all we have is the moment. If it's important press pause, step back, and cherish it." Thank you for pressing pause and being here - it's always good when we huddle together like this. TTTT...MITM (out trying to make a difference). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment