Monday, August 22, 2011

These are a Blog of My Favorite Things!

Step right up and get your arteries clogged!
It seems pretty nice for a Monday morning.

Last night Cha Cha and I met some friends in Elburn for Elburn Days. We just pretty much sat around and talked; it was fun. We usually don't go to Elburn Days because most years it's about 2,000 degrees with 285% humidity and Cha Cha doesn't do heat or humidity. The Socks were there (Lost and Found), MADYM and MisterYM and Lou were too. Some of my favorite people were there though I am finding that I have a lot more favorite people than I used to have. It was pretty much like a fair-atmosphere (meaning rides and food and people milling around - not the "fair to MIDland" kind). One thing that I noticed that has changed in me is I don't appreciate the fair smells anymore. That overwhelming smell of grease from funnel cakes and corn dogs and onion rings and french fries and who knows what else that used to appeal to me now sort of nauseates me. I didn't even walk over by the food but maybe they had Iowa's deep-fried butter too? DeKalb's Corn Fest is next week and I may go for the free corn (no butter, of course) but that would be the extent of it - and the see the B-52 Bomber (it's as big as a whale and it's about to set sail).

While I was writing that last paragraph I started wondering why is my "favorite people list" growing so much (TWSS)? Am I becoming more tolerant and accepting? Are people becoming nicer to me out of pity? Are people just getting nicer at our ages (MIDDLES)? I know I have changed; I am not nearly as uptight and stressed as I used to be. Ironically, I should be more stressed now than I was when I was stressed. I think maybe I have things in better perspective now and I know the things that stressed me out before were not things worth stressing over. I guess aging tends to do that to us humans. It may be a little of all of those things I mentioned. We are pretty much magnetic-beings and whatever vibes we send out we get back I have always felt. It's the circle of nice! Life is a journey and I am finding that my observational-skills must be serving me well in my journey. I think it comes down to surrounding myself with "favorite people."

I don't want to start listing my favorite people for fear that I will leave someone off the list since it's getting larger (TWSS) but one of my newer "favorites," Mary Capet Miller (I will call her "QM2" because she is another of the queen Marys on my list - with MADYM, of course), was behind on reading my blogs and had a chance to get caught back up and she told me that they are working on a few of my favorite "children's" shows. She said that Sid and Marty Kroft are involved in working-on Lidsville, Sigmund & the Sea Monsters and H.R. Pufnstuf. What about the Bugaloos? They've already done Land of the Lost (with Will Ferrell). I went to their website and they are working on "re-packaging" these shows. That is kinda vague so I am not sure if that means they are going to do re-makes of the tv shows or make films of these shows or just repackage the shows to be resold now as they are. The article said that the Krofts signed a deal with Vevendi Entertainment. Ironically, Vevendi owned the company Cha Cha works with for awhile but they are such a big company (World Wresting Entertainment, Universal Music Group, Sid and Marty Kroft... and Universal Pictures I believe) that they were getting too large and had to get rid of some things I surmise. I hope they're making movies of these shows but I hope they don't premier the same time my Six Million Dollar Man film, starring Paul Reubens, comes out. I want to also thank my good buddy Stacee (a long time "favorite-lister") for making the QM2 fave-listing possible. You never know how something seemly small like a class-reunion can change things.

I just have to mention quickly, since I talked about fair food, that former U.S. President William Jefferson Clinton, Bill I call him, is now a vegan. He says he has more energy and he's lost more weight than he has in years. Who would have thought that the man who would jog with Secret Service agents to McDonald's to scarf down a Big Mac or two would be a vegan? Good for you President Clinton. I have always been a big fan of Bill's. There have been times when I was disappointed with some of his behavior, as I know that some people have been with mine, but on the whole I think he's a pretty cool dude and was a great President (fill in your own exceptions here).

Alright, I have to get my Dirty Laundry edited so I can get it up today (TWSS). I will let you know when the podcast is up and ready for your listening pain. If you're not a fan of Dirty Laundry Podcast on The Facebook I always post there when new shows are available or go to DirtyLaundryPodcast.com to stay up to date.

Have a great day and I will blog again tomorrow but it may be a little later. I work very late tonight and I am donating plasma tomorrow morning and depending on how sleepy I am I will blog sometime tomorrow morning. Enjoy the weather in the MIDDLEwest because, before you know it, we'll be complaining about the snow and cold. TTTT...MITM (editing my little heart out).

No comments:

Post a Comment