Friday, August 26, 2011

Friday Blogs Mean Amor Blogs!

They should always be together!
Friday is here! That's usually pretty good for some reason isn't it?

I was watching someone put salt on their food the other day and I immediately thought that too much salt can lead to hypertension; whether it's true or not I do not know but that's what has been programmed into the heads of we the children of the 70's/80's. It led me to another great idea I will throw out there for someone to steal because I am not smart enough to bring it to fruition. I just hope that by putting it here for all of eternity if and when someone does do something about it they will be descent-enough to include me in the ca-ching and if not maybe this would be grounds-enough to fight for my ca-ching.  Why doesn't someone add any one of a number of fruits or vegetables to pepper to make it lower blood pressure. There is a myriad of foods that studies show lower blood pressure like: pomegranate,  papaya, banana, Lima beans, avocado, carrots, yams... Most people use salt and pepa together right out of the "shoopers" (shakers) so they would cancel each other out if you used them in equal quantities together theoretically. Then maybe pharmacists can sell pepper as a health-food?

Yesterday afternoon I mowed the lawn. I like mowing the lawn because: I get some excercise, I get to admire Cha Cha's lawn handy-work, I get some fresh air and sunshine, the yard looks great when I'm done and who doesn't like the smell of freshly-cut grass (allergies not included)? You know there's a but coming don't you? BUT!!!! our trees are at the point now where it's quite a chore cutting around them and their full-ness. I guess that's why mowing the grass is always considered one of "the Chores" kids in 60's movies and television shows had to do. I usually save around the worst part of the trees last bemuse often-times I get scraped and cut and beat up so much by the nature that I am happy it's the last part. If, one time, I get a limb cut-off (either mine or theirs) I want to have 98% of the yard mowed why the tree or I convalesce. Yesterday I felt like Snow White when she's running through the forest getting attacked by trees. Or, like Scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz when he's in an apple-throwing fight with the trees. Luckily nobody was hurt yesterday but if you ever hear of me being found in the yard lying next to the lawnmower with the trees just staring into the sky with their leaves whistling in the wind like nothing is going on you'll know what happened when C.S.I. Sherwood Forest (patent/trademark/copyright) is looking for clues. (that would be a pretty funny show wouldn't it? maybe a good sketch for Dirty Laundry Podcast?)

I have been watching Mad Men on Netflix. I have wanted to watch the show but I missed the first couple of seasons and since it is pretty much a soap opera I kinda wanted to see the characters from the beginning and how they developed. If you think about it most television shows are soap operas just aimed at different groups. The main difference is that soap companies aren't the only sponsors these days which is ironic because Mad Men is about advertising in the 1960's which pretty much made that change. I really like the show. I minored in advertising in college for awhile and, even though you may not know it from me writing this blog, I have an affinity for creative writing. Anyway, they were watching a commercial about Maytag washing machines and the spot talked about "the amazing agitator." Those of you who listen to our podcast know that my nom de pod is "The Agitator" so to be mentioned on Mad Men was quite a nice surprise. The show is very good and very addicting. I am just trying to get caught-up before the new season starts in 2012. I am well into season three but you never know when Netflix is gonna pull a switcheroo and take something off of "streaming" so I am watching some every late night.

Speaking of Netflix I did change our account because of their rate increase and now we just get the unlimited streaming (no longer can get the dvd's mailed to us). I already received my first debit for the first month on the new plan and it was $7.99. It had been $9.99 per month previously with the unlimited discs but we used mostly the steaming anyway and now I actually SAVE $2 per month!!! WooHoo!
Is there protein in heroine? (just kidding kids - drugs are not a joke)
I already gave plasma today and there was a slight hiccup. I was donating from my left arm as I had done the past four or five donations and all-of-a-sudden the machine stopped returning the blood to me. This is usually caused by the needle not being in the vein correctly. So they moved and poked the needle around in my arm like sewing button onto a shirt trying to get the needle back in my vein but it didn't work. They had to do it quickly because the blood cannot be out of your body very long before it cannot be returned to you. So, they took the needle out and moved it to my right arm and returned my blood and continued and completed the plasma donation. This same thing happened about three weeks ago and this was the same phlebotomist who did that last time (and she's a supervisor). I don't want to get anybody in trouble but I am not sure if I should tell somebody that I don't want Miss Vlad The Impaler near my veins any more. Maybe I should wear garlic cologne. I guess I will just keep my trap shut and then reevaluate if it happens again. She seems to think my vein moves. IT DOESN'T MOVE FOR ANYBODY ELSE!!! Now I will end up with another bruise and a nurse will have to check my bruised arm every time until the bruise is gone to make sure I can donate. The bruise from last time had just about gone away and when I remarked to the nurse checking it today that this was probably the last time they would have to check it becasue the bruise should be completely done next time I had no idea that next time I will probably have a new bruise from today. They're gonna think I am main-lining or whatever term describes heroine shooting-up. Hey, at least I my protein-levels have been good.

Have a nice day. I think I may blog again tomorrow. I am probably going to go over to CornFest tomorrow with my dad to get some free Delmonte corn and see the planes that fly in for the show. I work a dance tomorrow night - very late - that is always one of the craziest events we have every year (crazy in so many different ways). Thanks for taking time out of your busy day to make me feel loved...the feeling is mutual. TTTT...MITM (bruising like a Georgia peach on the ground)

No comments:

Post a Comment