Monday, August 1, 2011

A Case of the Monday Morning Blogs!

I am really tired this morning. I stayed up late into the early dawn working on the Dirty Laundry Podcast last night. I was trying to get it up (TWSS) last night but I grew so tired that I found that I was making mistakes so I called it a night. I am listening to it again right now to finish getting it ready and uploaded. I will have it uploaded early this morning. I think I grew very excited and inspired because the podcast was ranked number one Saturday morning. It didn't last very long because as other podcasts upload their new shows they will go back ahead of us again until we upload new shows (like the one I am listening to right now). I hope I don't soon feel that we have to do a show every day because I will become addicted to my quest for number one (better than number two always). It's a pod-eat-pod world out there. I am not going to obsess on being number one every week - I am just happy and thankful to you for making it happen (I think we fell back to number 12 yesterday but we'll be back to number one again soon). Was it Coincidence that it was the morning after the Lincoln Highway Parade where we handed out hundreds of cards at the parade to request people listen to the show? I believe it is directly related to our parade-marketing.

I received a couple of suggestions for blogs from my good friend Dena. They are both great suggestions and I will work on those ideas - both ideas she suggested I have encountered so it should be fun. She's very clever in stroking my ego by calling me a Master of Blogology. It has been said that the way to a man's heart is through his stomach - the smart ones all know that it's really through his ego (at least in my case).

I cannot thank the people who helped us with the parade Friday night enough: John and Brian for driving their department's specialty VW Slug Bug police car down from their far-northeast suburb of Chicago. It looked like something right out of the Volo, IL car museum. The Sock Family (Lost, Found and Captain Morgan) for helping pass out suckers and literature and drawing attention to our message on the truck. MADYM and MisterYM for bring-out the big-rig and manning it for us. Without all of these members of the Kajunkles Team it never would have been the success it turned out to be for us. If you want to see some parade photos you can go to DirtyLaundryPodcast.com or visit our Facebook fanpage (Dirty Laundry Podcast). This blog is turning into a podcast commercial isn't it? Sorry if you happen to be Dr. Borax!
Is that Bing Crosby? D.B. Cooper (D. Bing Crosby)

I have always been fascinated with D.B. Cooper for some reason. Probably because I was a young kid when this occurred and he seemed like a Robin Hood-type guy I think. In case you are not familiar with who he is - a man purchased a ticket as Dan Cooper in 1971 and then hijacked the Boeing 727 somewhere between Oregon and Washington and parachuted out of the back of the plane somewhere in the middle of nowhere. He hijacked the plane on the ground and released almost everybody from the plane and had the flight crew take off and then he jumped (very simplified version of what happened). He had about $200,000 in ransom money (that was worth a lot more in 1971). He has never been seen or heard from again. Many have said that he died in the jump (probably so they weren't embarrassed for never catching him or to give him a false sense of security so he would become careless and get caught). Now the FBI is working on a new lead in Seattle. What's the deal with statute of limitations? Is that thing a myth? As a kid I had always heard that after 30 years you were free if they hadn't caught you. It was almost like a prize for being so good at hiding yourself and your deed for so long. Remember, I am also the same kid who liked to walk on the furniture because the carpet was hot lava! Me as a child is probably not the best source for these types of things. It would be cool if he turned out to be a mayor or governor or something.

I heard that Amy Winehouse's albums are selling like crazy. That is an interesting phenomenon to me. Elvis Presley probably makes more money in one year now that he's dead than he made during his whole life (cumulatively). Maybe D.B. Cooper should have put out an album before he jumped; that $200,000 would have been chump-change.
I read that Casey Anthony is going to seek psychiatric treatment. About four years too late by my estimation. How long until there is a reality show? Who will get her first Dr. Drew or Dr. Phil? Talk about Dirty Laundry?

Okay - I don't feel like writing anymore this morning. Don't you wish all jobs were like that? "I don't feel like doing anything else so I think I am gonna stop?" Maybe that's why I like blogging so much. I make my own hours, I get paid the same whether I do it or not (nothing), it's recession-proof, I can't get fired or laid-off, I'm my own boss, I can do it from just about anywhere in the world and I get to talk with you from time to time - what a great gig! I hope you have a tremendous day. Even though I worked-out yesterday I believe I am going to work-out again today. I am going to change the oil in the little car. I may mow the lawn though they are talking hotness today and I don't want the grass to turn brown so I may wait until a cooling-off or rainy period arrives again - that worked great last time. I think I may head down to Smallville this morning too to see what they know. TTTT...MITM (getting the podcast up). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment