Monday, August 29, 2011

Dick, Colin, Bush & Boob (my new law firm)

Best crop duster aerial applicator ever
Hit is Roz!
I don't know if it's a case of the Mundanedays or that it's the end of the month and that's when my mood is usually in a tizzy but I feel out of sorts today. I may just be jet-lagged again. These drastic changes of time zones in such short periods of time take a toll on a blogger.

I am looking in my infamous blog book right now and I find that I write stuff down in there and I am often left wondering what they mean when I read back what I wrote days earlier. Here's an example: "you want to be on some people's minds and some you don't." It makes sense and it seems very true and pretty good advise from myself in the past but I have no idea what it is in reference to. I am like a movie character that sends himself messages to future-me. It seems like sound advise but I just wish I could figure out what it means so I could heed it.

My friend John sent me a The Facebook message over the weekend saying that I should start a new feature on the blog whereby readers could submit a topic, any topic, and I would blog a paragraph or so about it in my "clever tongue-in-cheek way." He said that it would be best if the topic were regarding a current-event of some sort. I think it sounds like fun and I am up to almost any challenge so fire away. Send me your ideas and I will give it a shot...If I'm not careful I might learn something.

I went to DeKalb's Corn Fest this weekend with my day and was happily surprised that my mom came too. The corn was great and not just because it was free. We were disappointed to see that the B-25 Bomber wasn't there because it had engine problems and couldn't make the flight but while we were out on the tarmac looking at the experimental jet and the bi-plane we got to talking to an older man who was a cargo plane pilot. He was very interesting telling all of his stories. I learned something very important. You know how I have quite an affinity for crop-dusters? Well, turns out, that I guess by me liking crop-dusters I have been disrespecting them without even knowing it. They don't like to be called crop-dusters. They prefer aerial applicators. I will never remember that and I want them to know ahead of time that every year when I say how I love crop dusters I will be referring to aerial applicators. I know their pain; I don't like to be known as merely a blogger; I prefer BLOGGING GENIUS (always in all caps when it written and spoken) but that's never gonna catch-on either,
The law firm Colin, Bush, & Dick (with bailiff)

I heard that two political giants named for body parts are fighting. Colin Powell and Dick Chaney are in a tussle about Chaney's new book In My Time: A Personal and Political Memoir. Powell says that Chaney takes several "cheap shots" and "overshot the runway." The book goes on sale this week and I haven't read it and probably never will but I can say, without a doubt, that I am so much more of a Colin-man than a Dick-man. I have never liked Dick and I am fairly certain that I will never be a fan of Dick. On the flip-side I have always loved Colin! I never liked George W. which is ironic because I have always enjoyed a good boob and Bush. (I just re-read this paragraph and I hope your dirty laundry mind didn't turn my political talk tawdry). 

 I have to get to work on editing the Dirty Laundry Podcast so I can get it up today (will you stop already?). Have a nice Monday and my mood has changed and I don't feel so sour anymore. Blogging is the best medicine. Maybe it was more that when I blog I think about you and knowing that you're reading this always cheers me up; hopefully it does the same for you. Let's all be thankful that Hurricane Irene wasn't as bad as we feared and maybe the oil companies who decided to add insult to potential injury will lower their gasoline prices a bit. I guess I wasn't as done blogging as I thought I was. TTTT...MITM (out to save the world some dryer lint). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment