Wednesday, August 10, 2011

My Obsession with Life Continues!

 It's hump day and, in my case, today that means humping five peoples' things into a truck. Those Two Men and a Truck guys are a bunch of sissies! I will be One Man with Some Occasional Help from a Weakling 19-year-old Girl In a Truck but I guess that doesn't market as well. Maybe it does - I haven't done the market research yet. (that is not a commentary on women not being physically strong - just this one)


Why do we compare everything to door nails to see how dead they are? I think I may represent the door nails in a class-action defamation of character suit. What would they do with the settlement though?


Yesterday was a very busy day and I think today might surpass that. Idle hands are a devil's workshop or plaything or playground or something. The brakes will be done by noon and will cost $465 "out the door." As opposed to what?  In the meantime we have to go pick up the truck and begin phase one of the loading. Then go across our cornfield town to complete phase two. Then some of us will go to Arlington Heights to complete phases three, four and five. In there somewhere we have to pick-up Cha Cha at the Arlington Heights train station (Arlinton Park). I actually like days that are action-packed like this so this should be a good one.

While thinking about loading the truck for phase one I am thinking..."what's the deal with couches?" Who invented that piece of furniture and why is it necessary? I guess it's great if you have an unexpected visitor and they need somewhere to sleep but other than that what's the deal? Wouldn't you prefer to just have your own chair and not have your sweaty relatives rubbing all over you? I imagine it was something the French or British monarchies invented to seem better than everyone else. "Look at us we have bigger chairs than you." Maybe it was invented in the time of bustles and hoop-skirts because women couldn't fit into regular chairs with their big dresses. I am just spit-balling here I have no idea and it's not really important enough to me to Google it.
Row V. Wade

While we were in Rockford yesterday for my Aunt Linda's funeral I felt like we were being followed. As we approached an area on the Southeast section to begin our turn North (a VERY BUSY intersection) there was about a mile of people, spread out every 50 feet or so on both sides of the road, with giant photos of bloody babies and signage against abortion. I am not going to go into my opinion on this issue because as far as I am concerned this is one of those issues that is a waste of time discussing because it seems people are pretty entrenched in the way they feel about this and no one side can convince the other side they are wrong. Though I am known as The Agitator on Dirty Laundry Podcast I really do just want everyone to get along (I do agitate every now and then just for my own amusement though). Quite a few of the signs mentioned Roe V. Wade which, as basically as I can reduce such a complex issue, was the U.S. Supreme Court's decision on abortions and a woman's right to privacy regarding them. I checked and it is not an anniversary of that decision so I don't know what the deal was? So, we headed to the North-side of Rockford (Loves Park, specifically) for the funeral at our family cemetery at Harlem and Alpine in case you need to know. After the funeral we headed back toward home and stopped at Red Robin for Linner (lunch/dinner) on the South-East side of Rockford. When we walked out of the restaurant those same people, I assume it was the same ones but I didn't actually see their faces over the tops of the bloody baby photos, were lined up and down the street near the Red Robin! I am refraining so much here right now. I have a hard enough time leading my own life rather than trying to lead everybody else's - regardless of the issue. I just wanna eat my fish and onion rings! As many people as they had out there holding signs I am sure there is an election or a particular issue concerning this currently going on in Rockford.
It's weird seeing your own last name on a tombstone. I don't see that very often because the only time I see it is when we are up there. Thank goodness my name isn't Johnson or Smith or something more common than Helser because I seem to gravitate toward cemeteries. Kind of ironic that I want to be sprinkled in the ocean when I am obsessed with cemeteries. I want to be the Parmesan Cheese on top of the spaghetti ocean.

Okay I have to clean the kitchen and then get ready to go over and get the truck and start the fun. Have a great hump day. I never really thought about it until right now but humping a bunch of furniture and boxes is perfect for a hump day. I should have time to blog tomorrow - other than an appointment in the afternoon it's kind of like an off-day in the Major Leagues before I head out on a road trip. TTTT...MITM (out and gone!)

No comments:

Post a Comment