Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ahola Tuesday Today Means Clothing Option Wednesday is Next!

Happy Aloha Tuesday Mr. Hand. I just figured it wasn't fair that Friday gets all of the accolades.

Last night I was up here in the office (Kajunkles Studio) and I heard a song that is only familiar for one reason coming from downstairs and I remembered that it was the 30th anniversary of the day MTV was launched. I am not Ray Babbitt - I had heard that news on the radio earlier in the day (funny that a radio star reminded me that this was the day that Video Killed the Radio Star began it all). So, even though I had plenty to do, I made my way downstairs to find out that VH1 Classic was playing music videos. I didn't know anybody played music videos anymore. Splenda was watching them play the entire first hour of MTV. I remember when VH1 started (I also remember MTV's launch, of course) and it seemed like the world was gonna end when MTV got competition but now they are showing MTV's first hour on VH1. I would have thought MTV would have shown it but the M in MTV doesn't mean music anymore I think it means moronic now. All they seem to have are reality shows. I ended up watching the whole hour. It was pretty funny. They showed everything including all of the commercials and even the technical difficulties. Do you remember Chewels gum? That was the gum that was square and had the "juice" inside (more like mouth wash I guess). The commercial they showed talked about how it was going to replace all of the other big gums - hah! I have never had so much fun watching commercials. Maybe we should start appreciating commercials now because they are tomorrow's nostalgia. I will wait to appreciate them when they are nostalgic I think. After the first hour of MTV they played the 1984 MTV Music Awards. I just DVR'd that and I will watch it later. I saw the beginning though and Ron Wood was smoking a cigarette on stage as he presented an award to David Lee Roth and then a young Madonna came out and sang live without any dancers or anything. I will watch it eventually. Atari commercials Ha!

There must be gold in the ground around our cul-de-sac that I am unaware of. Maybe someone struck oil. Maybe someone found one of my lottery tickets that I hadn't cashed in as a winner. Something is going on. Our next door neighbor just had an in-ground pool put in (we have pools on both sides of us now). Right across the street (The Old Simmons Place) they just bought a Hummer and three doors to the south they had a HUGE motor home in their driveway. Maybe they all just got their tax returns back. We always get ours back in May. I like to get it ASAP in case I die and don't get the joy of spending it. someone has to stimulate this economy!

I missed-out on another job I thought I was going to get. With the divorce of J. Lo and Marc Anthony I figured I was a shoe-in to replace J.Lo as judge on American Idol but she has decided to return to the show. I really could have used that $20 million to keep up with the rest of the cul-de-sac too. Maybe Steven Tyler will quit soon and I could get his $15 million. I draw line there though dawg - I can't live on Randy Jackson's measly $8 million per season.

I just ran across town (you didn't even know I was gone did you?). I heard on the radio while driving that Sideshow Bob is talking about running for Mayor of New York City. Now there's a dude that could make a difference though I think Frasier Crane would be better.

It's only four days until I get to hunt ghosts. I am pretty excited. I don't anticipate being the person who finally gets positive proof that there are ghosts or whatever they prefer to be called but I imagine that would really boost the listener-ship of the podcast and the readership here. I have been doing senses exercises all week to make sure they are all in tip-top form. The one I am worried about the most is taste so I hope the way that we eventually discover the "other side" is not through taste because I haven't been working on that one too much lately. My sixth-sense is the one that seems to be the most acute right now.

It's also ten days away from when Splenda returns to school. That is always a bittersweet time.

I have to get ready for plasma-funtime so I had better wrap up. It's supposed to get really hot again today but then there are talks of very strong storms tonight. I think after I get light-headed (even more so than usual believe it or not) I will mow the front yard and hope they are right about the rain later. Otherwise I will be watering again. Have a nice Aloha Tuesday and remember tomorrow is Clothing Optional Wednesday - SEE you then! TTTT...MITM (deplasmafication status T-minus 40) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment