Thursday, August 11, 2011

Pimpin' for Presidents!

Nobody ever talks about Pres. John Tyler
Hello again - I missed you. Today is one of those rare days that I am sitting down to write this with not any idea of what I am going to write. As you can see that doesn't stop me from starting.

While traveling the Chicagoland area yesterday loading a 26' truck so I can head south to unload it later I heard on the radio that I may have started some problems with a blog I wrote a couple of week's ago. About two weeks ago, I think, I wrote that Jennifer Lopez was coming back to American Idol and going to make $2,000,000 for the upcoming season and that Steven Tyler was only making about half that and Randy Jackson even less than that. Apparently Tyler and Jackson (weren't they both U.S. Presidents?) are now upset that they are making so much less than Lopez. I didn't mean to start any problems I was just bragging on my future ex-wife J.Lo. You hear all the time about people fighting over dead presidents but rarely does that include John Tyler or Andrew Jackson. I don't even start arguing until Salmon P. Chase is involved and he wasn't even a president.

To further add frustration of my being a frustrated writer I heard that the three Kardashian sisters are writing a novel. I wonder if it will be a coloring book or will it include Colorforms? Hey, whatever happened to Colorforms? We used to play with those things for hours. Can you imagine how our kids would look at us if we handed them a box of Colorforms today? I wish the sisters well; I am just green Colorformed with envy I guess. I am going to invent a Colorforms APP (tm/pp/c)? I am always so smart to mention all of my ideas on here before I invent them aren't I?

If you listen to the Dirty Laundry Podcast you know of Cha Cha and my recent frustrations with the health care industry. Cha Cha has discussed it on her Beef of the Week at least two or three times I think. Walgreens is now going to get into the health insurance business this fall. I don't know why but the world's largest drug chain offering health insurance bothers me for some reason. I am not really sure why just yet but my bloggy-senses are tingling with this one. Will they make more money by us being healthy or by us being sick? Isn't that like drug dealers offering protection from their products or something? They are a drug dealer and they will be offering protection, right? It also seems to me that there would be a way for them to fix prices and behoove us to go to them for our prescriptions... Seems to me like there's a way to get some price-fixing worked in there too. I mentioned yesterday or the day before that I must have a devious mind but I think it's more of being a skeptic because "we the people" have been screwed so many times by big companies pretending to be looking out for us. Most of us know better by now but there are still millions of people who fall for the funny business which keeps it lucrative-enough for companies to keep doing it every day. I guess it's just a way for them to cover all of the bets on "the craps game of life" so they get a big pay-off no MATTer what. I am sure I am over-thinking this but am I alone in my suspicions here? I guess if you put the prefix "Wal" in your title (Walmart, Walgreens, Wally World...) you have to screw be all things to all people.

Today is kind of the off-day for me before more moving. We gave our sofa and love seat to Splenda for her new house so Cha Cha and I are going furniture shopping today before Fabio's high school physical. It would be nice to find something while we still have this huge honkin' truck that has a little room in the very back if I need to haul some stuff home. I don't mind shopping much but Cha Cha and I have very different strategies; I try to get there and get it done and she tries to see how long she can do it (I am a sprint shopper and she is a marathon shopper). Maybe that comes from our ancestral cave people roles. I am bred to get the hunt over with so I can the food back as quickly as possible. Or, maybe I just have a short attention span. Do you think Walgreens will cover short attention spans?

Well, I had better get showered and dressed so I can go over and pick up the car from the mechanic. They didn't call until yesterday at about 5:00PM to tell me know it was ready (they are only there until 5:30) and we were stuck in traffic on one of those Chicago "expressways" that is named after somebody we have never even heard of. We were not moving too expressly. Ironic that we were in a U-Haul "moving" truck not moving very much. Maybe they call expressways "expressways" because most of the time we're on them we are expressing our anger and frustration for being stuck on these slow roads to nowhere. Anyway, as long as everybody is sleeping I will get ready and walk over to get the car - it's only about a mile away maybe. I love to walk on pleasant-weather mornings like this. It lets me think and we all know how important that is if I want to grow up and be a Kardashian.

I hope you have the Thursdayest Thursday you've ever had. I think I will be able to blog tomorrow. I might cheat and write it tonight and just post it tomorrow like I wrote it tomorrow. You are special and you will now that because you are a true and faithful reader and friend. (don't tell the Kardashians or Walgreens my secret though) TTTT (wink wink)...MITM (off to get the car)

No comments:

Post a Comment