Thursday, August 4, 2011

Blog Your Stress Away! (a tank helps too)

I am guessing it's Thursday but my calendar stopped in July so I am just guessing. Why do I have a calendar that stops in July? It's actually a lot less pressure not knowing what month or day it is. We sure do over-stress ourselves just for the sake of stressing ourselves as humans don't we? I was watching the news this morning and that's all the news is - stress. Why do I need to know about all of the strife in every single remote part of the world? All I need to know about are the happy things in the world. There's nothing I can do about the bad ones anyway right?

Talk about stress...Vilnius' Mayor Arturas Zuokas decided he'd had enough of people parking their cars in bicycle lanes and cross-walks so he took MATTers into his own hands and decided to squash the issue. Vilnius is the capital of Lithuania and I would say it's now the capital of "park in designated areas only" in the world. Good for you dude! How many of us have seen things like people parking wherever they wanted and getting away with it? I have left nasty notes on windshield wipers (that I will not repeat here) and I have left shopping carts right next to driver's doors for my own satisfaction when they parked like morons but I may have thought differently had I had a tank. I have told you before that one thing Hannibal Lecter and I have in common is that we don't appreciate rudeness; he goes quite a bit further than I do with his dislikes though. I wish I had had a tank two weeks ago when we were having our garage sale and three different people throughout the day pulled their cars right into the driveway. Who parks in a driveway at a garage sale. I should have charged for this prime spot (50 cents maybe). I didn't say anything because I wanted their 25 cents but, in retrospect, I wish I had had a Russian tank sitting out front. At the end of the sale I probably would have tried to sell the tank for $20 and taken $5 for it.

Yesterday someone sent me a message that she was doing a crossword puzzle and said that I had finally made the big time as I was a crossword clue. The puzzle was looking for an 8-letter word for a "washer devise."  The answer was A-G-I-T-A-T-O-R. In case you don't listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast that's my nom de pod. So what is a 5-letter acronym for the person who sent me that clue? M-A-D-Y-M (of course).

Bubba Smith died yesterday. I always liked him. He didn't take himself too seriously which I find a very admirable trait in people. I remember him as a Baltimore Colt (yes, I said Baltimore for you youngsters out there). I remember him teaming up with Dick Butkus for some of the funniest Miller Lite Commercials. He appeared in just about every sit-com in the early 80's and, of course, he played Moses Hightower in all of the Police Academy movies and in the Police Academy television show. 

It's only two days until Splenda and I and Craig and Stacee...will be joining Willy Adkins of the Illinois Ghost Hunters for the Tinker Swiss Cottage haunted tour and paranormal investigation. I am pretty excited about it. I have no idea what to expect but I am ready to expect the unexpected. Is that even possible? If it's unexpected how can I expect it? By me just saying that I will expect the unexpected isn't the unexpected not unexpected anymore and it has become expected? If something paranormal does happen I am going to spend most of the night wondering if it was expected or unexpected. I am just expecting to expect the unexpected I suspect.

I love this time of year out in the MIDDLE of the cornfields because I love to watch the crop dusting planes. They fly right over our neighborhood to make their turns since we are surrounded by cornfields. You would think that there would be a much better way to rid the crops of insects but maybe it's just fun for the pilots to do that. As I have been watching them soar into the sky and making those huge banked-turns and then swooping down and buzzing the crops like Pete Mitchell doing a fly-by or buzzing a tower I think how I would paint my crop-dusting plane if I had one. I have come to the conclusion that the best-looking crop-dusting plane of all time would be that of Rittmeister Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen (Baron von Richthofen / The Red Baron). During the off-season I could travel the country promoting pizzas. Can you imagine the looks from people as I swooped up from the corn fields, seemingly out of nowhere, in my Fokker Dr1 425/17 triplane and flew right over their cars? I would rather have a Sopwith Camel but that would be historically inaccurate unless I were shooting down doghouses. (thank you Wikipedia for that, hopefully, accurate information)

If you run into President Obama today be sure to wish him a happy 50th birthday and tell him "Matt says hey." Have a nice Thursday. TTTT...MITM (aus!)

No comments:

Post a Comment