Thursday, September 1, 2011

Look Out for #1 or Get Treated Like #2!

Maybe it's because Ohio is shaped like a pair of panties?
I heard this morning that there is a stretch of highway in Ohio that they found littered with thousands of womens' panties; some new and some soiled. Nobody has any idea why they're there or where they came from. This would probably be a better story for Dirty Laundry Podcast, for obvious reasons, but I have a blog to write. Why would there be panties scattered on the side of a highway. It sounds like this has happened before in Ohio too. Why just panties? Are there thousands of women going commando in Ohio. I know it's the only state that's round on both sides and "hi" in the MIDDLE "O Hi O" but this is carrying it to a whole new level. I may have to take a drive to Ohio and sniff around to see what this story is about! While looking for a photo to include with this blog I noticed that Ohio is shaped like a pair or panties. I may have totally "cracked" the case wide-open (too easy - that one too). They should just make their state flag a pair of panties. Cleveland could be the skid marks. Why do I always need to work brown blue?

Since I "coincidentally" mentioned Dirty Laundry Podcast  I may as well get to the podcast news of the day. You may remember that we were going to put on a charity benefit for Playing For Change this month. As it was getting closer I discovered that that was not enough time to put together a proper show to help support such a worthy cause so the event is now set for Sunday, November 6th from noon until, hopefully, 1:00AM depending on the support and acts we can schedule. Since firming up the new date yesterday I have already received quite a bit of interest from several "world" groups about performing. I am trying to get a wide-range of acts and not all necessarily musical acts so if you have a talent or know of someone who does and want to help raise money so Playing For Change can continue to help spread peace and love and harmony (pun sort of intended) throughout the world through music please let me know. My plan is to have several larger "anchor" acts that will perform several songs and have people/acts who want to do one or two songs or poems or whatever between these larger acts to give them time to set up... I don't plan on turning anyone away who wants to help; we'll find something for you to do. it's going to be held at The House Cafe if Dekalb, IL.. And you know I will probably mention it very often between now and then, both here and on the podcast.
Soon to be a Dirty Laundry Podcast guest?

You can tell that the new television season is coming soon because you hear all of these huge spectacular things that are coming up. It's wonderful how they "care about us" when ratings time and new seasons begin. I saw that Dr. Phil is having Casey Anthony's parents on the show. The commercials look like the second coming of Geraldo finding nothing in Al Capone's vault. I saw on-line this morning that ABC is going to have a "new Jackie Kennedy interview." Now that would be something. I guess cryogenics really does work. How could there possibly be a "new" interview with Jackie Kennedy? I am curious to know how she feels about global warming, the Mayan calendar ending in 2012 and if she would come and speak at our Playing for Change benefit. Maybe I can get her on the podcast? I think I am just getting tired of being manipulated and treated as a fool by large companies and the media and our government.

I just looked-at an email from my part-time job and found out that I was previously scheduled for three shifts this month that I am no longer scheduled for. That's fine with me because I wrote them on the calendar in pencil but I try to volunteer for events that I know are hard to get people to volunteer for and I guess I will just start volunteering for events I want to work. One of my great weaknesses in life is trying to be a team-player and, more often than not, I put other peoples' feelings ahead of mine which almost always bites me in the Ohio panties. This is a malady that I have tried and failed to remedy many, many times in my life. I am just venting now so I will stop before I have to change a liner. If you're not looking out for #1 you get treated like #2!!! See, I feel better already.

Alright, I'm outta gas. I probably went one paragraph too long (TWSS). I have a meeting this afternoon at The House Cafe. If you want to come on down maybe I'll buy you a salsa avocado wrap. I say "maybe" because the last time I wrote this 25 people showed up. Okay, that's a blog-faced lie...nobody showed up. Have a nice day - it's supposed to be a hot one in the old MIDDLEwest today. TTTT...MITM (out to sweat to the MIDDLE-ies). I don't know why but that video cheered me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment