Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One Blog! Let's Read Together and Feel alright!

set the mood Roz!
So, Labor Day just ended a couple of hours ago and I think Halloween or Christmas is here by the feel of the weather. It's so funny how we can have sweltering heat and heat indices (or indexes, I'm not sure) of 117 degrees with 97% humidity and then it goes up to 100% humidity (rain) and now we get into the 40's at night. One of the best things about the MIDDLEwest, to me, is the change of seasons but I usually like to enjoy the transition rather than the switch just being thrown. I am not going to kid myself..I know it will get hot again before the snow comes.

Yesterday Cha Cha and I were sitting out on the patio in our sweatshirts and the breeze through the trees sounded exactly like the ocean waves crashing up on the shore. Mother Nature is so cool (no pun intended). Just like the ocean does the wind in the trees was rocking me to sleep.  Maybe if I slept past 2:00AM I wouldn't fall asleep like the MIDDLEman that I am just sitting on the patio listening to music and the wind...or maybe that's what we were meant to do on Labor Day.

Before nap-time on Mattgarita Island Cha Cha and I made our way to North Aurora for a hunting expedition at Woodman's Market. While we were shopping I went to get dog food for Maisy. We buy her the refrigerated fresh dog food because she has food allergies. While I approached the dog food refrigerator case, yes there actually is one, I noticed something that was out of place in the case (I blog like Dr. Seuss). Do you remember several months ago when I was going to be the first one on the block to try Marley's Mellow Mood? It's taken awhile but I finally bagged the beast. It had no business being in the dog food refrigerator but one single can out of place led me to the beverage aisle, where I would not have gone otherwise, to corner my prey. The thing that was out of place was one single can of the elixir that had been my life's quest for probably six months to a year. They had four types of Marley's Mellow Mood and I had to buy them all so I could tell you how they taste before mounting their heads on my wall. The four flavors that I tracked-down and captured are: Citrus, Berry, Green Tea with Honey and Black Tea with Mango, Raspberry and Passion Fruit. I had the Black Tea yesterday down-island and it was delicious. Between sips I read the label and it reads, "Recommended Usage: This product may cause drowsiness. Do not exceed 2 bottles daily, consumed several hours apart. Do not drive or operate heavy machinery after consuming the product. Do not mix with alcohol." It was in the beverage aisle, not the liquor department. The things that are supposed to mellow your mood, I think, are the "other ingredients" in the "Relaxation Blend." They consist of: Valerian root extract, lemon balm extract (leaves), chamomile flower extract, hops extract (Rhizome), passion flower extract and melatonin. Cha Cha says these are all relaxation-type herbs. I will try the other three eventually too but the black tea was great and maybe I should drink one right before bedtime tonight and see if it's a sleep aid. One of those ingredients has to be code for cannabis because I got tired right away and I seriously got the munchies. So far, having only tasted the one, I love it mon.
You could not elude me forever Marley's Mellow Mood!

What a great end to the Labor Day weekend. Sipping on a Marley's Mellow Mood, wearing my Just Keep Livin' (JKL) sweatshirt listening to the ocean breeze crash through the trees on Mattgarita Island and listening to Dirty Laundry Podcast with my best girl (and the only one as far as she knows - One Love).

With Labor Day over the summer season is over too, they say. The way I really know that Summer is over is that Fabio starts school today. It is much later than usual this year because we have a brand-new high school and they needed extra time to move all the schools around in our district. Fabio is entering high school as a freshman today and will be a member of the first class to go all four years at the new school. In honor of this momentous occasion he got a haircut yesterday, it's so cool that he decides when he needs a haircut and there are no fights, and I took him driving (him behind the wheel) for the first time yesterday. He is fourteen and almost six feet tall so he's ready right? He did very well. I will not tell you where we went but it was safe. He seemed to enjoy it a great deal and later Cha Cha took him back out and he drove with her too. I was in no condition to go back out as I had already consumed one Marley's Mellow Mood. Now that I think about it I had the one before I took him driving - oops. I guess if we got pulled over with a fourteen-year-old, unlicensed driver, behind the wheel I could have just said, "but officer, I just had a big old fat Marley and thought we'd be safer with him behind the wheel."
Is anybody else sick of hearing about 9/11 already? It was an American tragedy and we have learned from it but the main-stream media is dwelling on the negative, as always. I have great respect for the people who died that day and my heart broke for the people who lost their loved-ones. It was ten years ago. I will always remember where I was that day but we need to move on. There are things we should be focusing on today; not deflecting and ripping Band-aids off of things that we need to let heal. Anybody who knows me knows that I am not insensitive, in fact just the opposite, but we have to quit ripping the scab off so it can heal. Or, is it too late and we have picked at the scab so often that it has already left a scar?

Good thing is, it's Tuesday already. The whole Marley thing has gotten me sidetracked into working on the November 6th Playing For Change benefit concert here in Dekalb at The House Cafe. If you or anyone you know would like to help out in any way with the PFC benefit please let me know. Musicians and performers are needed but we also need people to help the performers set-up, tear-down, "security," attend information tables, crowd-control (hopeful thinking), collect donations, pass the word, use your imagination... For a guy who doesn't seem to have anything to do I sure have a lot to do. Make it a great day! I'll be right back here tomorrow, hopefully a little later, after I drink my Mellow Mood right before bed tonight. TTTT...MITM (mellowing OUT!)
hit it Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment