Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Blog Is Falling, the Blog is Falling!

Lingerie football is the REAL fantasy football
A fine Tuesday to you friend. Last night Hakeem Nicks of the New York Giants had a mediocre night and my fantasy football team is now 2-0! Now it's off to destroy the Chicago Demons this week.

Last night I watched a bit of Two and a half Men because of morbid curiosity. I never really cared for the show when Charlie sheen was on it because the jokes, to me, we never very clever. It seemed like a lot of 5th grade attempts at humor with a bunch of stupid sex jokes. I thought that maybe with the loss of Sheen and the addition of Ashton Kutcher that may change. Based on the parts of the episode I saw last night it is still a hormonally-charged humorless waste of a time-slot. Anyone who knows me knows that I am far from a prude but there is very little cleverness to their jokes. Maybe instead of Sheen leaving they should have replaced some of the writing staff.
HEADS UP!!! (wouldn't "heads buried" be better?)

The United States military's "don't ask, don't tell" policy has been lifted effective midnight this morning or last night or whatever it likes to be called. The "don't ask, don't tell" policy basically, as I understand it, was pretty much just saying people could not be openly gay in the military. I am happy that people who are protecting us can finally be who they are. It has taken us a long time to realize that sexual orientation and/or preference has nothing to do with ones ability to defend their country. One less thing people have to worry about.



I guess you and I have a 1 in 3200 chance of being hit my a piece of a bus-sized satellite that is breaking-up and plummeting to Earth. They are talking like that is a small number but I think those are pretty good odds (actually, pretty bad odds I guess). I rarely win a lottery I am trying to win but now I have the best odds of any lottery I have ever played and I will probably win this one. Henny Penny was right all these years. The debris is supposed to arrive Friday. It has been my experience that bus-sized satellite pieces adhere to a pretty tight bus-sized satellite schedule and will probably be here on time. Does "duck and cover" work for something like this? I know there is a joke in there with Henny Penny and "duck and cover" and Henny Penny not asking and not telling that she is a chicken and she shouldn't have to "duck and cover" when she should be able to "hen and cover" but I had the Two and a Half Men writers working on it for hours and they couldn't come up with anything that met the stringent MITM standards of humor.

I hope the satellite that is crashing to Earth Friday is not the one that launches our Dirty Laundry Podcast. Oh, did I mention that the new Dirty laundry Podcast is up on iTunes? This may be that last one ever if this is our satellite. Don't miss the bus (bus-sized satellite) - listen to the podcast before it's too late.
My protein-level looks just fine from this POV
I am going to try to donate plasma again today and see if my protein level is sufficient. I have been eating meat for the last couple of weeks and that hasn't seemed to make a difference. I must have some sort of anemia or something that I shouldn't even know about. I am of the opinion, and I realize that it's not a popular or intelligent opinion, that if there's something wrong with me that I cannot control I would rather not even know about it. Kinda like space garbage plummeting to the Earth. Don't ask, don't tell seems to be a running theme of this blog today. I know that maybe it's better to know if there's a problem so you can deal with it but when it comes to health issues, for myself, I would rather be more of an ostrich rather than a duck or a hen...I just want to bury my head in the sand.

Have a nice day. I have about five hard hats if you want to borrow one for Friday. Hey, that's another reason to bury my head in the sand on Friday - less chance of getting hit in the head by falling space-debris. If I am hit and killed by a piece of a satellite that was sent to space by the United States will my family be set for life? I should think you'd be able to sue over that kinda thing wouldn't you? TTTT...MITM (getting his head out of the sand).

No comments:

Post a Comment