Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Schweddy Blog!

I usually don't toot my own horn, mainly because I cannot reach it, but I am tooting away this morning. I made a prediction on June 16th's blog and I just heard today that it has come true! Ben & Jerry's new ice cream flavor is Schwetty Balls! Click that link there in blue to read that day's blog or scroll down all of the blogs like I did if you prefer. I can't wait to get Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls in my mouth. I guess I wasn't 100% correct as I wrote "Schwetty" and they changed it so I wouldn't sue them to "Schweddy." There goes my entire retirement plan! I need to check my Mega Millions lottery tickets from last night now that I know that I am a great and powerful prognosticator because I should probably go pick up my $75,000,000. Come on Plan B!!!! Matty needs a new pair of dice (lol I kill me always)!

There's already a group called One Million Moms that are threatening to boycott Ben & Jerry's because of this new ice cream flavor (the name, actually). They are calling it "tasteless." Schweddy Balls is "vanilla ice cream with a hint of rum and is loaded with fudge covered rum and milk chocolate malt balls" - doesn't sound tasteless to me. Maybe this group should have their name changed to One Million Moms with Challenged Taste Buds! What this group is actually doing is counter-productive to their supposed agenda. It turns out that Ben & Jerry unleashed their Schweddy Balls earlier this month but I didn't even realize that my prediction came true until this group of moms with too much time on their hands started trying to crush Ben & Jerry's Schweddy Balls. Now I am plugging their Schweddy Balls. I cannot resist trying their Schweddy Balls.
Wanna buy this poster? Make me an offer!
The stars must be aligned for me right now. Yesterday I got a call and I set up an interview for the job that I have been trying to get for the past month or so. I know I will get the job. Then, this morning, I called a local radio station and won certificates for two pizzas on a trivia contest. Now I really need to check those lottery tickets.

Speaking of "stars" I heard that someone was cut from Dancing with the Stars. Wonder who?  Me neither - I have no idea who and I don't care.


You know I get cheesed-off (I figured I wrote about ice cream and pizza so I may as well keep up with the dairy references) when movies are remade when they were popular in the first place? A movie that I like very much is now being made into a Broadway musical. That doesn't seem that bad until I found out that the move is Diner. A couple of days ago I said that maybe they were going to start remaking all of Patrick Swayze's movies but now it looks like someone has Kevin Bacon in their cross-hairs (Footloose and Diner). Sheryl Crow has signed-on to write the music and lyrics for Diner on Broadway. I like to consider myself a person who has a pretty good imagination but I cannot imagine Diner becoming a musical. I have an original movie poster of Diner so maybe I should dust that off and hang it in Kajunkles Studio or sell it on eBay while it's "in" again. I seriously am trying to think of one scene from that movie that would be good to music. Kevin Bacon drunk in the manger as baby Jesus? The marriage test? Sitting around the diner? Maybe I could see a "fries and gravy" song? After seeing this movie in college I went through a fries and gravy phase. It's very good - it's not that much different than mashed potatoes and gravy other than the deep-fried part of the potatoes.

Enough! Blogging about diners and ice cream and pizza and cheese have made be hungry. Have a great day and wish me luck on my job interview. Enjoy the nice weather in the MIDDLEwest today and I hope it's nice wherever you are but since you're there it's probably, at the very least, a little nice. Also, if you haven't listened yet the new Dirty Laundry Podcast with MMA fighter Andy "the Andimal" Smith is calling for you. If you're hungry I think we may have pizza for dinner tonight. I need to grab my Schweddy Balls too...I'd be happy to share my pizza and my Schweddy Balls with you! Thanks for spending time with me...TTTT...MITM (eating OUT!)

2 comments: