Thursday, June 16, 2011

Rain Brings Flowers So Bees Can Make Honey (simple, no?)

Tut, tut looks like rain. Thank goodness we are getting more rain...I love the rain. Now I can put off mowing the lawn one more day - even though I love mowing the lawn. Fabio has three, yes three, basketball games today so I don't know if I was gonna get to mowing the lawn today anyway. welcome to high school Fabio...a four hour class this morning and then a ride to West Chicago to play three basketball games. I much rather have him doing that than killing zombies and Nazis on X-Box. Not that I like zombies or Nazis because I do not!

Chick-Fil-A has come to the MIDDLEwest. Chick-Fil-A is a restaurant that sells chicken - as you may have guessed. The one that is opening in Chicago today is giving a "free chicken meal-a-week" for the first 100 customers. They will get 52 certificates for free chicken dinners. I didn't know that until now or I may have gone. I don't eat meat (including chicken) but I would have liked to have gotten the free meals and then walked around to the places in Chicago where people don't eat very often and give 52 hungry people these certificates. Or maybe have taken them to a homeless shelter and given them to the facilitator. I think we stopped at a Chick-Fil-A in Tennessee or on the way to Canada one time and from what I saw it was just chicken but I bet, knowing how we are starved for food that is bad for us in the MIDDLEwest, there will be thousands of people there today and somebody will get hurt... Just wait a couple of weeks and you you'll be able to get right in. We are so impulsive in this country (me included). Thanks a lot media hype-machine.
Ben and Jerry must like SNL

Speaking of media-hype one of The Beatles is coming to Wrigley Field. If you haven't heard I imagine you already figure out that it either has to be Paul or Ringo. Paul McCartney is going to play at Wrigley Field this summer. I haven't heard what position that he will play. I know that Paul McCartney is one half of one of the best song-writing teams of all time. He also seems to be a pretty descent fellow. I have to say that most of his music post-Beatles has not impressed me too much though. I am sure he will do a lot of Beatles' songs and I know he will play better than the Cubs. Hopefully he won't get injured.


There is a rumor about the next Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream flavor. Ben and Jerry always try to keep their new flavors secret until they are released and I am sure they won't appreciate me telling you what the new flavor is going to be but just keep it amongst us and I'm sure that it will be okay if I tell you. The supposed new flavor of Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream is going to be Schwetty Balls. Just don't rest your Schwetty Balls on an oven for very long. Their Balls will be made from a secret Schwetty family recipe. You think I am kidding but just remember that I blogged it here first when you've got Schwetty Balls in your mouth.

I have to get going to sprinkle some sunshine on a few issues that are trying to make themselves sour. I am Little Mister Matt In The Middle Sunshine, at least that's what I am trying to be, and I will not let them turn to the dark-side.

There are always potential little black rain clouds hovering above all of our honey trees and we have to focus on the honey and forget about the clouds and the rain. Even the rain brings more flowers so the bees can make more honey. I have received some news that could end up becoming bad but I am not going to let it be bad - I am going to make it good. I am going to continue to put out my good hippie vibes and I know they will bounce back to me even bigger. I know this is going to seem like bologna after yesterday's blog of all of the thunder...but as I typed that about the sun Mister Sun just engulfed the entire culdesac. Have a sunny day and stay positive (and sexy) my friends. Thanks for spreading your sunshine by stopping to spend some time with me - I always appreciate you.

Today's blog didn't suck...I just ran out of time before it got good. (I think that may be the new ending for the Dirty Laundry Podcast) TTTT...MITM (out and about)

No comments:

Post a Comment