Thursday, June 30, 2011

I May be a Poster Boy (but not much of a reposter boy)

Which is my wife and which is my daughter again?
Man, it seems like forever since we've had rain. I want to be the first to say it because when it was raining every day people were complaining about that and now that it's gonna get hot and people are going to be saying "man, it sure is hot...I wish we'd get some rain." I love whatever we get - I'm a lover not a weather-hater.

Yesterday I mentioned Florence Henderson's new book and now I read that Linda Hogan, the ex-wife of Terry Bollea (Hulk Hogan), has written a book. Wrestling the Hulk: My Life Against the Ropes talks about how The Hulkster had an affair with their daughter's friend (now his wife) while Linda and Hulk were still married. I thought it was creepy that his daughter's friend looks exactly like his daughter but I guess she looks like Linda too which helps me a little bit. In the book Linda goes on to say that “He (Hulk) tore my shirt. He threw lamps. He held me down on the bed with his hands around my throat during arguments, slamming doors, pounding walls...I was always afraid he would kill me in one of his rages.” I don't know if any of that's true but he was a professional wrestler who may or may not have been on steroids. Maybe he was having wrestling nightmares and thought he thought Linda was The Iron Sheik or Ravishing Rick Rude or somebody. Linda answered the age-old question "whatcha gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you?" Write a book silly!


I always feel bad when people post something on their Facebook page and try to guilt me into to reposting it and I don't. I am not much of a reposter boy. I'm just a simple poster boy. Just because I don't repost it doesn't mean that I don't think that it's a great cause or a nice sentiment I'm just not a reposter. I have thought about starting a Facebook fan page dedicated just to repostings. Every time someone requests that I repost something I would just repost it to that page so everybody could see what the latest repost is. I think I would repost things if I knew I was a second-generation reposter and I was reposting a friend's thoughts but in most cases I think they are a fourth or fifth generation poster. I sense that reposting is going to become the next big way to advertise. I may start a reposting ad campaign for Dirty Laundry to see how that works; it's within my budget. I will probably wait until the next show when we have Willy Adkins the Illinois Ghost Hunter as our guest.

Yesterday I was on the way to pick up Fabio and his two buddies from their class and take them to basketball camp. I was sitting at a stoplight in the pole-position watching the cross light changing ready for the green flag, I mean light. My light changed but it instantly went from red to yellow and back to red. There was no green (just like my wallet). I am pretty much always aware of my surroundings so I went on the yellow (with caution I might add since the yellow flag was out). I was very aware that there was no cross-traffic coming and there were no emergency vehicle approaching and there were no pedestrians near. I wonder if the light did the same thing next time and the next time...and the other people are still sitting there over 12 hours later.
Sometimes you feel like a nut...sometimes you are one

     Cha Cha and I were sitting out on Mattgarita Island the other night eating pistachios. The best thing ever is when you get down to the bottom of the bag and there are like a dozen or so pistachios without homes (ones that aren't in shells). Those little suckers don't even have a chance. At least the ones in the shells might be a tough nut to crack and grow into a pistachio tree or whatever pistachios that don't get eaten become.

In case you're not from Illinois and may not know - that photo on the left is of our most-recently convicted ex-Governor Rod Blagojevich. Those other countries who say "Chicago bang bang" when we discuss our great state have been right since the days of Scarface Capone haven't they?

I am hearing a lot of what sound like gunshots off to the west. There are mainly farms out that way so perhaps it's the silencing of the lambs or something. This time of the morning, while it's quiet outside, I can also hear the traffic on the tollway so it may be tires hitting potholes. It is a lot of "cracks" of what sound like shots and it is louder than the traffic. I typed this at 5:47AM in case there needs to be evidence in a case later on. Now they are getting MUCH louder. Now it has stopped at 5:51AM. Mark this as "exhibit A!" More "shots" at 5:54AM (needed to reload?) Very rapid firing now (not quite machine gun rapid but repeated rounds fired).

Alrighty then...shots have stopped and it's time to get Movin' On though I preferred B.J. and the Bear but anybody who knows anything about me knows that I love an ape/monkey in clothes and if they can talk....it's bonus time. Click that Link...that "Lancelot Link." Alright, I am done entertaining myself with television show themes from my yute for now. Enjoy the day because it sounds like the heat is going to return to the MIDDLEwest just in time for Independence Day. Thanks for movin' on in here today; I'll blog you again tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (off to evolve - oh yeah, my job interview went great yesterday but I'm all outta time). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment