Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Blogger (not me "the blogger") is acting up this morning...it won't let me add photos to today's blog so I am going to post it old-school like I did when I started (it will look shorter TWSS)

It's not raining this morning but the ground is wet so it must have been raining while we slept. I heard that some of Chicago's western suburbs, not quite this far out, got some pretty bad wind damage. O'Hare Airport got beat up pretty badly too. I get to work again today for the MS Tour de Farms set-up but today we're doing most of our work outside, in tents, in the MIDDLE of a corn field. I hope the wind and rain decided to take a bit of a breather for us. It sounds like the rain that came through is going to make for a little cooler and less humid day. Maybe I will change my name to Les Humid...I kinda like that.

I told you here a couple of days ago that I was going to put some extra good ju ju out about working and here I am working at least two eight-hour days in a row. When I got home last night I received an email from one of the places I applied to. They want to set up an interview with me. I am going to call them during my lunch hour today to set up an interview. It's not for Aliens to Zombies yet but it is a job working for a publisher as a proofreader / editor-type position. If anybody calls you for a reference please don't tell them about all of the typos you've seen in the blog over the past couple of years. Thank you, in advance, for that.

I hear that The 2011 Tracy Morgan Apology Tour arrived in Nashville again. He went back to Nashville to apologize for his anti-homosexual comments again. It seems he doesn't know how this whole celebrity apology thing works. You apologize and then disappear for awhile and the public forgets all about it OR you apologize and then do some really big charitable / humanitarian thing and then you're forgiven quicker. You don't keep bringing it up so people keep blogging what you did wrong. Let the scab heal for awhile and it will just become a little scar or blemish...keep picking it and it will never heal.

One of the stars of the television show Jackass and Jackass movies, Ryan Dunn, died in a car accident yesterday morning. I am proud to say that I have never seen one episode of Jackass (movie or tv show). It seems MIDDLEwest movie critic Roger Ebert must have seen them and doesn't care for them. Apparently, Dunn was driving his Porsche under the influence of alcohol and jumped a guardrail and the car burst into flames killing both Dunn and his passenger.  Ebert "tweeted" "Jackass star Ryan Dunn, RIP. His Porsche flew through 40 yards of trees - friends don't let jackasses drink and drive." I guess that's true but maybe Ebert should have been a bit more sensitive...."too soon" at the very least. I would have suspected that from Gene Siskel, if he were still alive, because he always seemed like the more ornery one of the legendary film-critic duo. I didn't even know who Ryan Dunn was but he looked like Zack Galifianakis; you'll have to take my word for it since I cannot add a photo today.

I wish for you a splendid National Chocolate Eclair Day though I will not be participating in the festivities...who in the heck comes up with these days? Do we really need a National Chocolate Eclair Day? What about the vanilla eclair or the bearclaw or the apple fritter? Do they all have their own days too? Can't we at least combine all of them and have a National Guilty Pleasure That's Gonna Make Us Fatter Day? I always try to end this and get myself worked-up again. Thank you for dropping in; I'll blog you again tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (about to smash the chocolate eclair pinata). TA

No comments:

Post a Comment