Monday, June 13, 2011

TONY montana was CUBAN right? (coincidence or destiny)

Monday is here and seems like summer is over already. Fabio starts high school basketball camp today and and then tomorrow he is taking a summer class - World Geography. The school offered the incoming freshman the opportunity to take the class before they "officially" enter high school so that when school starts they will already be a class ahead. It seems like a great idea for students who are going to be playing sports or doing other extracurricular activities so they could have a study hall during school to lighten their loads up a little. Fabio has a lot of friends that will be in the class which helps. I am very glad that he agreed that this was a good idea.
Funnest owner since Steinbrenner

Today we also have to go over and help empty Cha Cha's Aunt Louise's apartment. Her memorial service is tomorrow. Louise, being the thoughtful person she was, planned all of the service and wanted the date put off so far after she died to allow people who were far away the time to get off of work and make travel plans to come if they wanted to. Even in death she is one of the most thoughtful and caring people I have ever known.

Another reason that it seems like summer is over, besides the autumn-like weather, is that last night was a big night for television I hear. Usually there's no big nights for television unless it's cold outside. I watched a little of the sixth game of the NBA Championship but I did not watch any of The Tony Awards. I was editing the two episodes of Dirty Laundry Podcast which are now available on iTunes and at Podomatic. Every time I think about or type Podomatic I think of this song. Recorded, edited and uploaded all in the same day - pretty soon we'll be live like the NBA and The Tonys. The Dallas Mavericks are the NBA champs. The Heat will have plenty more opportunities as most of their key players are young. Now maybe they'll let Mark Cuban buy the Mets. Look what he did for this Dallas franchise in a short period of time. Baseball needs a kick in the pants again now that they won't let the players juice themselves up and hit 700 foot homers anymore. Say what you want about steroids but they sure did make baseball funner to watch - that comes from a guy who calls baseball his favorite sport.
You should be pointing at me Hugh

I don't know much about Broadway or Harold Square but I may go to see the Tony-winner for best musical - The Book of Mormon. It was written and produced by Matt Stone and Trey Parker - the creators of South Park. I hear the musical is very funny and Cha Cha tells me that even though it pokes fun at The Church of Mormon the Mormons find it funny too. That's the key to all of satire and comedy I think; ribbing someone just enough that they think it's funny too without becoming offended. Sure, Hugh Jackman has time to go to the Tonys but he can't call me while he's in my town...I must have offended him somehow. You just made the list Neil Patrick Harris! (I don't really have a list and I really like NPH a lot).


I have to wrap up because Cha Cha has to make a recording for work and my typing won't cut it while she is recording. You can thank her for my brevity (not sarcasm). I will blog you tomorrow but make sure to listen to the podcasts - they really are good and educational this week. Whether you agree or not you will learn something. Thanks for taking the time to stop in...TTTT...MITM (off)

1 comment:

  1. "You can thank her for by brevity..." ==>TWSS<==, tee-hee!

    ReplyDelete