Thursday, June 23, 2011

I'm Laughing and Working In the Rain

hit it Roz!
Tour de Farms - coming soon to a farm near you

Yesterday I worked outside all day in the rain. You know I like the rain so I would be a hypocrite if I minded working in it. I get to work again today and guess what? It's raining! I am pretty sure most of what we have left to do to set up for this MS Tour de Farms rain-a-thon is still outside. At least I have electricity, unlike over 100,000 people in the Northern Chicago suburbs, so I can blog before I go to work in the rain.
As much as I like the rain I hope it takes this coming weekend off like it did last weekend. Actually, I know it's going to be in the mid-70's and sunny with a light breeze (positive thinking). I am marching in the Swedish Days Parade in Geneva, Illinois with a bunch of my old friends, like Kevin Donka that you now know from the Dirty Laundry Podcast. We will be part of the Fossil Band and the Second Time Around Band. Most of the time I think we hated marching in parades as kids because it always seemed to be about 300 degrees with 100% humidity. What do you suppose would make us want to do it again now? I have been trying to think of a funny and clever reason to type here but I keep thinking, "what would make us decide to do it again now?" Hmmmmm. Recapturing youth? Glory Days (more cowbell Clarence)? Maybe it's just a chance to get back with friends from long ago again. I am looking forward to it but for the life of me I am not exactly sure why. Maybe as a kid we took it so seriously and now we can do it just for fun. I'll let you know why Monday if I can figure it out Sunday.

How 'bout a nice Krispy Kreme bacon cheeseburger?
I set up that job interview with the publisher for next Wednesday. Make sure you're thinking good, positive thoughts for me Wednesday afternoon. I will remind you that morning I am sure.

Remember when Krispy Kreme was huge in the MIDDLEwest just a few years ago? I was never a huge fan for some reason. I love donuts, though I wish I didn't, but I never really cared for theirs as much as everybody else seemed to. Their whole thing was to hypnotize us with a free hot donut but when we got home and the donuts weren't as good cold we stopped going. I read that they are doing pretty well again. Their stock is up to about $9 a share, almost double from last year, and they are making moves to insure that continues. Like the rest of us are trying to do...they are getting healthy. They are going to be adding healthy items to their menu like: oatmeal, yogurt and fruit juice. They are also thinking about adding specialty coffees and espressos too. It seems that Starbuck's is pretty much dictating the way the food industry is run and I think that is a good thing. I have never been a coffee drinker but I go there with Cha Cha and I get a great vibe being in Starbuck's and they have a lot of delicious, healthy choices of food. Can you tell I haven't had my breakfast yet? After adding that photo there I am not sure if I am hungry anymore.

Our government is starting to seem to care about us and our welfare here in the colonies again. They are talking about bringing troops home, mainly from Afghanistan, from fighting somebody's else's war that we have been fighting for nearly ten years. This should help save some money that we could be using here to help our struggling economy. We would also have more troops here to help with all of the natural disasters that we seem to be having lately. It is a campaign that is un-winnable anyway. It's like the conflict between the Jews and the Muslims...it will never end so why are we fighting it anyway? We are there trying to fight against terrorists which seems very noble but it's like fighting cockroaches. We need to stop focusing on the negative in other countries and refocus on the positive we can do within our own country.

Alright , I have to get Fabio ready for his class and get showered and ready for work. Fabio has a baseball game tonight (after his four-hour class and two hours of basketball practice/camp). I feel kind of sorry for him because he hasn't had much of a summer yet but I know the discipline that this is taking will help him throughout his life. If you're looking for something to do tonight and wanna keep me company they are playing the Sycamore Cubs at 6:00PM in Dekalb. Like always, I'll leave a light on for ya. TTTT...MITM (out to sing in the rain).

No comments:

Post a Comment