Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Music Calms the Savage Blog!

BONNAROO
Don't worry I didn't forget about you - how could I? I just got back from driving the Dirty Laundry Limo through the Chicagoland area. Would that be a limo service for dirty clothes? The Tidy Didy Diaper Service was smart enough not to call their service Dirty Diapers. I was running Splenda to Arlington Heights to catch her ride to Tennessee to Bonnaroo. She just got back from Key West and now she is heading to a modern-day Woodstock. She has my love of music and my traveling heart; there's never been any question that she is one of mine. As I drove her and her friend Emily to their ride they were talking about all of the bands they were excited to see and I knew of some of them but when I went on the website to see who was going to be there I saw a lot that I knew that they didn't even mention like Neil Young, Stephen Stills, Gregg Allman, Robert Plant, Dr. John and Buffalo Springfield... They were more excited about The Decemberists, Eminem and Florence + The Machine. It sounds like there are hundreds of acts playing 24 hours a day for four days. I am kinda jealous. Don't take the brown acid!

My love of music is being rekindled again lately. Maybe it's a calling? I was in drum and bugle corps as a kid (drums) and that is coming back to enrich me again as I am going to be marching in a couple of parades in the next few months with a lot of my old friends from back in the day. We are marching in parades in Geneva, IL (Swedish Days) and DeKalb, IL that I know of for sure. I will let you  know more about those as they get closer so you can come out and throw candy at the goofy Conga player. I hope I am not the only Conga player because I have always wanted to be in a Conga line. Maybe I should wear a basket of fruit on my head. Also, Cha Cha and I started playing music on the podcast this week (not our own). We played one song on each of the two episodes that are on iTunes right now (Dirty laundry Podcast). I used to do a couple of shows on Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville (Cheeseburger Radio and The Mattgarita Happy Hour) and I got to now a lot of great indie musicians who are letting us play their music on our show. I also received a message from one of the biggest influences of live music in my town that he will be on the podcast. I am very excited about Jolly Baba agreeing to be on the podcast. I love music and this is all very exciting for me. 
Music fills my soul

Supposedly Pippa and Prince William had a secret date. And I thought it was only we Americans that couldn't keep secrets. Osama bin Laden's location wasn't a secret, Alex Rodriguez wanting Cameron Diaz to get bigger breasts and Harry and Pippa isn't a secret - the whole world is just one giant blabber-mouth.If they become a couple will we call them Happy? or Parrya? or Hippy? Celebrity couples have to have a melded name because we don't have time to say Harry and Pippa. we've got texting and tweeting to do gosh darn it!

Last night at Fabio's baseball game one of the players on his team got hurt so badly that an ambulance had to go out onto the field.  Fabio was playing shortstop and Ross was playing second base. The batter hit a line shot to second base and it looked like Ross was going to catch it but we heard a crack and Ross went down. The ball was hit very hard and it looked, at first, like Ross may have made a great catch but when he went down he didn't get up. The coaches and his parents ran out there and then we heard the sirens. Apparently the ball hit him in the face by his nose and eye and cheek. I hope the loud crack that we heard was the ball in his glove and it ricocheted because it was loud. It sounds like he is doing okay but we will know more later. Our coach is a medic/fireman which was really good. He said that Ross told them in the ambulance to tell the team that he was sorry that he didn't catch the ball. For more reasons than one I am sure. The boys didn't feel like playing after that, understandably, but they did. I told Fabio that all of all the innings of baseball he has played for 12 or so years and this is the first thing like this that has happened shows how rare something like this is. I hope everything is good with Ross. I have coached him a couple times over the years and he is a great kid.

Well, that ended a little more somberly than it began. Thank you very much for stopping here today in your busy life - I do not take you for granted. Have a nice Wednesnight and if you haven't listened to the podcast please do and please send us some mail. TTTT...MITM (out to do dishes and laundry - toil and trouble).
Send em out Roz

No comments:

Post a Comment