Saturday, June 18, 2011

Fabio Knows Baseball

or even some not-so-secret ones
Happy Saturday (I don't mind being redundant). Fabio's game last night was very exciting even though we came out on the wrong end of an 8 - 7 game.

Tomorrow is Father's Day. I can say this without being Fatherist because I am a father but these days like this seem kind of ridiculous to me. They are just thought up by someone to guilt us into buying something when there aren't gift-giving holidays near. I think it's nice to honor our fathers and our mothers and our grandparents and our valentines and our sweetests but we should be doing that every day. We have this self-imposed feeling of guilt if we don't drink the father Kool-Aid (that doesn't sound right does it?) I bet Father's Day is going to be confusing in the Schwarzenegger household this year.

This morning Fabio and I travel to Hononegah High School near the Wisconsin border. I feel like I am chauffeuring Bo Jackson around the state. Two (maybe three) basketball games this morning and then another baseball game tonight against the Yankees. It's a hard-knock life for a multi-sport athlete and his driver / Matt-servant. The Yankees play the Chicago Cubs today in Wrigley Field and also play the DeKalb Phillies tonight...busy day for the Yankees too I guess.

I am going to have to make this one short (TWSS) becasue it's time to put a larger fire under Fabio's butt to get him going. If you're around Rockton, Illinois this morning and want to see some freshman high school baseball stop on by the high school. I know they have games at 10 and 11 and some are saying also at noon which I disagree with....I think we only have 2 (the noon one looks like a sophomore game on the schedule to me). Also, tonight, before the 6 PM game, tonight Fabio will be signing autographs at Prather Park in DeKalb. I'll save you a seat.

Have a great day and I may blog again tomorrow but my parents are coming over in the morning and then we are recording the podcast in the afternoon. I tend to wake up pretty early so I think I will manage to get a blog in there too. It's not too late to get your questions and/or comments in for the podcast. MattHelser1@gmail.com or on the Dirty Laundry (podcast) Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment