Thursday, June 9, 2011

What is in a Name?

Weiner's high school photo. Short and curly? Really?
Hit it Roz (do you know who wrote this song? - I'll tell you at the end)

It's raining, it's pouring, the MIDDLE man is blogging. I love thunder storms. I love lightning. I love the sound of rain. I love the smell of rain. I wonder where that comes from? I am further happy that it is raining this time because I mowed the lawn a couple of days ago and the heat was making the grass look a little on the brown side already. I don't even mind being out in the rain. It's all relaxing to me. I hope it's not raining at Bonnaroo.

Now there is talks that Anthony Weiner sent photos of his little anthony without any cotton filter (underwear). With all of this now we find out that his wife is pregnant (I guess she works with Secretary of State Hillary Clinton). I don't know why they have to bring his wife into it but I suppose it's to show that he is worse than we previously thought. I like all of the jokes that go through my head but I am getting tired of the story. He still says that he is not going to quit his office. I think Weiner should pull-out already.


Why do we just accept the fact that "cars depreciate as soon as we drive them off of the lot?" Who sold us that bill of goods? I bet the 1961 Ferrari GT California hasn't depreciated.

Do you know where you were 25 years ago today? It's not the day Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play. Some of you weren't born yet but do the rest of you know where you were? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? 25 years ago today Ferris Bueller's Day Off was released. I guess that photo was a pretty big clue huh?  I was at the theater watching the best MIDDLEwest-based film since The Blues Brothers. It was Matt In The Middle (Matt Broderick). I am going to check and see if it's on Netflix. I already added Biloxi Blues earlier this week - if you haven't seen that I recommend that one; I haven't seen it for several years but it is very funny. Bueller is not available on Netflix for instant viewing. I am kind of getting sick of all of the movies that ARE NOT available for instant viewing. I still like Netflix but that is starting to chap my anthony. 

Yesterday after I worked-out I showered and then did some more laundry, made dinner and washed more dishes. Splenda was on her way to Tennessee. Fabio was at the pool. Sugar Momma wasn't home from work yet. I knew I would be alone for awhile. What does a guy have to do to be able to fold clothes, cook and wash dishes naked without the doorbell ringing? Seriously? I was going to say nude but nude isn't as funny a word as naked. I didn't answer the door so I hope it wasn't important.

So, we know that we are killing our planet but what's going on with the sun? There are huge solar flares that may hit the Earth -  like we need any help ruining everything on our own! Experts at NASA say the impact it should have on us is minimal. It may cause some brief high-frequency radio interruptions and some GPS devices may make some tiny errors. So, if you're late within the next few days just say that you tried to call but you couldn't get a signal or that you got lost because your GPS sent you to Peoria. I just hope it doesn't effect the blog or the podcast - that would be catastrophic. Don't make me come over there sun. Why doesn't our sun have an actual name? I think things that I love should have a name (like Roz, for instance). Sonny? Frank? Sylvia? No wonder it's having solar fares. The moon doesn't have a name either! This is a travesty? It's not right. They should probably have unisex names (but not like Weiner). Let's work on that! As I typed that a huge crack of thunder went off...hmmmmmmm. Do the moon and the sun control the weather or visa-versa? They're all in cahoots. You're gonna think I am lying but Roz is shuffling music for me and she just started playing A Comet Appears by The Shins.

The rain dancing outside made me just type and type and type. I hope the cosmos are good to you today. Thank you for spending a few minutes here; I hope I helped your day a bit like you helped mine by being here. I am not gonna bore you with Dirty Laundry Podcast talk here but we have some exciting guests coming up very soon. I will post something on our Dirty Laundry (podcast) Facebook page about it. Have a great day and if you stop by unannounced don't peek in the windows because you may get more (or less) than you bargained for. TTTT...MITM (out)


It's Raining Men was written by Paul Shaffer (Late Night with David Letterman).

No comments:

Post a Comment