Friday, June 3, 2011

Spreading My B.S. (blog stuff)

MMMMMMM, National Doughnut Day!
Happy National Doughnut Day (or is it donut?). And then tomorrow happy National Feel Guilty For The Next Six Days Because You Had A Doughnut Yesterday Day! Today is also property tax day so I think I may have to have a few donuts on the way back home to channel my problems away from my backside (wallet) and onto my front-side (stomach). I know I always have to worry about something and I like when I am the boss of my worries! Maybe I will buy a couple less doughnuts and throw the cash away on the lottery instead. If I win the lottery I could be a dough nut LOL (I kill me). What a way to celebrate dough nut day that would be.

I just got back from getting mulch, birdseed,  sand and a couple of new window blinds. I have to get to spreading three and hanging two before it rains but I started this blog about five hours ago and had better get it done.

Speaking of winning the lottery...Blockbuster Video has announced that they are going to start charging fees by the day rather than by the week for movie rentals to compete with the likes of Redbox and Netflix. They are going to charge 99 cents per day FOR THE SECOND DAY and beyond. The first day is going to be $2.99. How is that competing? Are they trying to go out of business? I heard that they get movies "long before" the two other companies I mentioned. If I really want to see it fast I will go to the theater but if I want to throw away money I will use Blockbuster.

Sacre Bleu I have an accent!

I heard on the radio about something called "foreign accent syndrome." It is a rare condition that occurs as a side-effect of a severe brain injury like a stroke or a head injury. In sixty years there have only been about 60 reported cases; if my math is correct that's only about one case a year on average. Somebody check that math for me will you? People have been known to begin speaking with: Japanese, British, Hungarian, German, Italian, Chinese...accents. Since I can't seem to win the lottery I think I might want this though if I am gonna buck the odds I would still prefer winning the lottery. I can fake an Australian accent, not that I ever would, but I cannot fake buying my own island. Do you actually fake an accent? If you're speaking it you have that accent right? Things that make me say, "hmmmmmm."

Santa Village in West Dundee, Illinois is open again. I am guessing someone reads this blog and decided to buy it after I mentioned it over the winter knowing full well that I would give them some free advertising here - I am so predictable. It's called an azoozment park now because I guess they have animals too. I think it's a great idea for little kids and I am sure it's not as expensive as Six Flags.

If you've tried to reach me unsuccessfully recently it's because I was hosting the top secret NFL owners' meetings. I had to sign a confidentiality agreement so I couldn't tell you until now, sorry. I picked the dudes up at Dupage Airport and brought them here. It was a waste of time but we did have fantastic eats. Those guys know how to party.
How about a Swedish accent?

I got a weird message last night that Bien Trucha is now following me on Twitter. I did a review of them on Yelp a while back and I do love their food and drinks but I didn't know we'd be starting a relationship. It was just a few drinks and thought they understood that. Not that there's anything wrong with that! Again...people knowing that I will mention anything on here. Okay, Bien Trucha in Geneva, Illinois is very good and you should go there and get some of the fish and shrimp tacos and a margarita or two and the guacamole of the day! Check out my Yelp review over there in the right margin if you need more info..

Speaking of Geneva I will be in Geneva's Swedish Days parade in a little over three weeks. I know you probably think that I will have a Matt In The Middle float or a huge laundry basket on wheels for the Dirty Laundry Podcast and Cha Cha and I will be throwing out candy while wearing clown shoes but you'd be wrong. I will tell you more later but if you're interested (and you may eligible to be in the parade with me) go to the Fox Valley Raiders' Facebook page for details. The more the merrier! I really need the little plug bell that we use on the podcast today don't I?

I blog you long time (TWSS). I figured I'd give you the long one :) since I am gonna work 12 - 15 hours tomorrow and we're gonna record The New and Improved Dirty Laundry Podcast on Sunday and I may not get another blog in until Monday. Thank you, as always, for stopping in and spending a few minutes with me - I really appreciate you. Have a nice however long it is until I speak with you again; it will be Monday at the very latest. Now it's time to stop spreading my B.S. (blog stuff) and get out and spread some sand and mulch. TTT?...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment