Monday, June 27, 2011

Roll Out The Blog!

The Second Time Around Band
It must certainly be a sign of The Apocalypse - three nice mornings in a row with no rain. If we have to have a Monday at least we can start one off with a nice pleasant Westerly breeze.

Yesterday's weather couldn't have been more perfect for the Swedish Days Parade. The parade was a lot of fun. I am really happy Kevin Donka is such an enthusiastic marketer and covinced me to join the fun. While walking down the MIDDLE of the street I thought I heard my name being yelled from time-to-time but maybe that was just my ego making me think I was a huge parade star. If you did yell my name and I didn't acknowledge you it's just because I couldn't pick you out in the crowd at mach 10 and I apologize. I saw Cha Cha and MADYM and MisterYM mainly because Cha Cha had texted me that they were by Bien Trucha (that Mexican restaurant that I blogged about and Yelped a review about). I also saw my sister from another mister Judii! That was just a fluke...I happened to look over and there she was. I saw her again briefly after the parade. She skipped the Pride Parade just to come see me (again, that's what my ego is telling me) and I am greatly flattered. The parade was a lot of fun. There is a lot less pressure when you arrive to march with a group for the first time and you are told over and over, "just play whatever you want." We had a lot of fun and I think it showed on the faces of all the people we passed...but that sounds corny. I saw some photos from the parade and I really am a dork. Who invented that word Dick York?

It's funny that Cha Cha, MADYM and MisterYM were at Bien Trucha. I don't know if I told you but I got a message one day that said "Bien Trucha is now following you on Twitter." When I post the blog I send a "tweet" but I found it fascinating that a restaurant is following me. Why? Hmmmm..maybe so every now and then I write how I like their food and their margaritas. Very wise Bien Trucha! I am merely your pawn and I am okay with that.

Est. 1898...just like some of us Second Time Arounders
I slept pretty well last night. I was up at 4AM and worked for five hours in the morning. After that I dropped Cha Cha off at MADYM's house and then stopped at Target to get some blue shorts because I didn't feel like wearing jeans on such a nice day and we were supposed to wear blue shorts or pants for the parade. I thought I had blue shorts but for the blog of me I couldn't find them. Then we marched the parade which ended with an encore of Beer Barrel Polka at the train station bar at the end of the parade route for the people in the beer garden. Then I retraced my parade steps and stopped and said hi to Judii. I walked back to where Cha Cha was and watched the parade for awhile. Then we piled into MisterYM's 1931 Chevy "rat rod" like The Dillinger Gang and he drove us back to our car; it was a clean get-a-way. After that we took Splenda and her boyfriend, with Fabio, to dinner and I had a few peach margaritas. We got home and I edited the Dirty Laundry Podcast which is publishing right now. I figure if I do that every day I will sleep pretty well each night. Does anybody know of a parade with some margaritas at the end that I can be in today?

I have a lot of great notes (you'll be the judge of that tomorrow) in my blog book but this turned into a day in the life blog so I guess I will save that stuff for tomorrow. I've got a busy day that is already underway so I had better get to the next task on the list. Make Munday a Funday...no need for any Mundanedays! We only have so many days in the lives! TTTT...MITM (out to conquer the world ma - first the laundry) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment