Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Blog...James Blog (or Scarn if you prefer)

I have a few moments so now is a great time to blog. I went to the doctor 's appointment and he just asked a bunch of stupid questions and told me to go get some blood-work done just as a check-up which I will not do because I am fine. At first I was wondering what he was up to with the questions as they seemed to be implying things but I quickly surmised that he was just trying to make it look like he cares about me rather than seeing a huge dollar sign above my head. Sorry I am doing well Doc - see you in 2014! I think the last time I went to see him in January of 2010 he sent me to get blood-work done too and I didn't get it done and I am still here about 20 months later doing fine so my diagnosis is that I am fine and I need no blood work done. Aren't we supposed to listen to our bodies? Then I went and got a haircut so I am now fine inside and out. I have the job interview tomorrow morning for the last job that I will ever have and we are going to the "black tie optional" wedding this weekend and James Bond or Michael Scarn never had long hair so how am I supposed to look like a secret agent with a license to boogie and drink in my tux if I am not spit-shined and polished?

Before I forget the new Dirty Laundry Podcast is up and ready.

My St. Louis Cardinals are tied with the Atlanta Braves and the Boston Red Sox are tied with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays for each major league wild-card races. Pretty exciting that today is the last day of the baseball season and there will be two play-off spots decided today; unless both teams in either division win or lose and then they will have to have a one game play-off. Who do you suppose complained to make the Tampa Bay Devil Rays become the Tampa Bay Rays? So, we can have the Redskins which may or may not offend some native Americans but we can not have Devil Rays because that may offend Satan? Or was the argument that it was a tribute to Beelzebub? A Devil Ray is a type of sea creature that has nothing to do with the fictional boogie man from Hades. Should devil-worshipers be offended by the Padres or the Cardinals for their religious connotations?  Go Cardinals and go DEVIL Rays! (That would be an ironic World Series - good vs. evil)

I haven't heard - did anyone win the satellite roulette game and get struck by space debris? One in 3200 odds were pretty good I thought yet I didn't here of anyone getting hit. Probably some harmless devil fish or shortfin devil ray or pygmy devil ray minding their own fishy business filing a defamation of character class-action suit got pelted in the MIDDLE of the ocean somewhere like being dishonored by the Tampa Bay MLB ball club wasn't enough!

I just realized that I blogged about Mickey Rooney a couple of days ago and I blogged about Andy Rooney last night. Didn't Mickey Rooney play Andy Hardy? And aren't Andy Rooney's eyebrows cartoon character-ish like Mickey Mouse?  Don't ask me...my fingers do most of my thinking (TWSS). I have never seen these two guys in the same place have you?

Have a great day and be happy that all of this precipitation in the MIDDLEwest  is just rain and not snow (YET). TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment