Saturday, September 10, 2011

My Girls'-Night Out Blog! Jealous?

Funnyman Brian Posehn In The Middle - too busy for the podcast
Start us off with a Paul Shaffer song Roz!
It's the weekend though at 3:30 in the morning it still feels like Friday. I wish I could sleep longer.

Last night was a lot of fun. Cha Cha and MADYM and I went out to MIDDLEWEST FEST and saw several bands but more accurately visited several restaurants and bars. We didn't see as many bands as I thought we would see since I am still kind of scouting for perspective participants for our Playing For Change-apalooza benefit concert but we saw quite a few. We ended up watching Brian Posehn's comedy act. He was pretty funny but I don't think we were his target audience; I think his target audience was more masturbating potheads as that seemed to be 92.4675% of his act (approximately). I threw his picture up there as you probably will recognize his face if not his name. He seemed to know his audience pretty well - mainly college-aged people. After watching him we went and had a pretty late-night dinner. I wish I could blame Thelma and Louise for what I did next but it was a premeditated act so I can only take blame for it myself. I had a gyros - you know it was premeditated because I think I blogged about it yesterday. By the way, I called them Thelma and Louise because that makes me Brad Pitt. The gyros was delicious but I don't remember them being that big (TWSS). I do not seem to be having any ill-effects from the eating of meat (MADYM says she's not really sure if gyros meat qualifies as meat) though I did only sleep for about three hours so I guess it's all systems normal. MIDDLEWEST FEST continues tonight but I think I may have had enough of it.

I always have a great time with Cha Cha and MADYM. They are both very smart and fun to talk with. Since they've been the best of friends since before either one of them have known me they always seem to be in good moods when they are together so there is always a lot of happy girlfriend energy. I met them pretty much at the same time about, I would say, 28 or 29 years ago (wow I am so almost Matt In The Over-The-Hill) though I think I have known Cha Cha maybe a day or two longer but I could not swear to that. I always have a good time when we have our girls' nights out. I am honored that they seem to consider me an honorary girlfriend on occasion.
My girlfriends' night-out makeover - you should see my matty-pedi

I said that I was going to donate plasma today but if I do that it will throw my entire plasma donating schedule off since they only allow people to donate two times in a seven day period. I would donate every day of the week if they'd let me. If I donate today then I will not be able to donate on Tuesday and Friday because Friday would be within the seven days of Saturday and then I would have to donate Tuesday and Saturday and right now I would rather keep my Saturday body filled with plasma; I think I will just keep my usual Tuesday/Friday schedule. Nobody told me there'd math in donating plasma.

When the ladies wake up it sounds like we may go out for breakfast/brunch and go see the movie The Help. That seems like my kind of movie - a chick-flick? Cha Cha and I will have something else to talk about on Dirty Laundry Podcast this week too. Maybe we can talk MADYM into doing a quick ten minute piece with us as our guest movie critic. That way we'll have a female media critic, MADYM, and a male media critic, Greg. I smell a Dirty Laundry Podcast spin-off coming. This is probably how Dick Clark started off. It started as a blog, which spawned a podcast, then to concert promoter/producer and now spin-offs? I will be able to retire and live off of residual money just like Love American Style did when Happy Days started; didn't you always wonder what happened to Love American Style? Last week's podcast was a bit longer than it should have been - good thing we only have one "silver anniversary show." I think it was very interesting but it was definitely a bit long (TWSS); we will always be learning. That should be the goal of everyone in life - ALWAYS BE LEARNING! I have consulted with several of our media-critic friends and that seems to be the general consensus - "good but long" (TWSS). We are better when you don't have to listen to us very long and when we throw in a little more humor. Well, maybe "attempts at humor" would be more accurate.

Now this blog is getting too long too. Maybe that's okay because it's only one blog for the entire weekend. Have a Super Saturday and a Superer Sunday. Be nice to someone today. Actually, be nice to everyone today...including yourself - BLOGGER'S ORDERS! I may or may not have the podcast up before I blog again Monday morning but I will let you know when it's up (crickets). TTTM...MITM (off to continue her his girlfriends' weekend)
hit is Roz!

No comments:

Post a Comment