Friday, September 9, 2011

Hurry...To The Matt Poles!

Check out my guns ladies!!!
I'll start writing this now but I have to leave for plasma-fun time in about twenty minutes and I have to shower in there somewhere so I will finish after I get back. I know I don't need to tell you that because you wouldn't know the difference but when I think it I type it. Okay,

I am pretty sore this morning (TWSS). Not sore like angry sore like they used to say in old time movies see? Sore like my triceps and my biceps are aching. I have been very bad about working out for the past few months and I decided that that bad habit was over yesterday so I worked-out for the first time in about two months (I am not really sure how long it's been but it seems like that long). I did the entire work-out but it wasn't as easy as it had been getting before.

Okay, I'm back quicker than expected because my protein level was at 5.9 and it needs to be at least 6.0 to donate; I guess I will go back tomorrow and donate...I am sure I can raise my protein level 0.1 by tomorrow. I did find out that I lost four pounds this week though, happily. I may even have a gyros tonight. If I was going to give up not eating meat it would probably be for: gyros, steak or White Castle cheeseburgers but there would come back the four pounds. Maybe if I have all three today I can do an experiment to see if not eating meat is my low protein issue. I eat almonds, lots of peanut butter, eggs, lots of fish, every vegetable you can imagine, beans...maybe MATT is made to be a carnivore? I am so torn (and protein-challenged). I even had a protein shake yesterday after working-out...arrggghhhh.

Now casting for my Samantha and Miranda!
MIDDLEWEST Fest starts in town here tonight. MIDDLEWEST Fest is a town-wide musical festival where there are many, many bands playing all over town at many different venues; most of them within walking distance from one another. I, Mr. Big, am going to go with Carrie and Charlotte. We could use a Samantha and a Miranda if any of you ladies (or gentlemen) are ready to go out on the town wearing a wristband with me and my galpals. I have never watched that show but I think I picked the two best to go with for starters but the more the merrier. No casting couch required!

There are several bands that I want to see tonight to see if they're right for our November 6th Playing For Change benefit concert (thinking of calling it Playing For Change-apalooza). It's getting kinda fun playing concert promoter / booking agent though it takes a lot of time I have discovered. No wonder promoters/agents are usually so crabby (may be foreshadowing for the next couple of months?) There are people actually contacting me now because they know of what a great cause Playing For Change is and they want to be part of it; people I have never heard of before and do not know yet. Willie Nelson will be sorry that he passed on being part of this event (okay, maybe he won't be sorry). We have quite a few bands / acts booked but there is room for several more if you know of any bands with a "world-music" feel. I'd also be interested in poets, comics... If you have a group that is into helping people or the environment or animals... come on out and help and promote your cause at the same time. One Love!  There's rumors of a band called The Rolling Stones are talking about touring soon. I wonder if they'd want to get some practice and help the world at the same time. Talk about worldly...didn't one of those dudes play Jack Sparrow's dad, Captain Teague or something? What great casting that was!

Have a nice day and maybe we'll see you at MIDDLEWEST FEST tonight. You know how to get ahold of me if you wanna join us. If you come out and cannot track us down just get the mayor of the commissioner to shine the Matt Signal into the cornfield sky and I will be there. Have a great Friday. I may blog tomorrow even though I will probably be tired and will try to donate plasma again tomorrow after I have a gyros while Charlotte has a corn dog and Carrie will either have a salad or a gyros depending on which Carrie shows up! TTTT (or tonight if I see the Matt Signal).... MITM (out to change the world for the better).
Peace On You!

No comments:

Post a Comment