Monday, November 1, 2010

Matt Offers You His Protection! VOTE!!!!!!

Happy November. I trust you had a nice Halloween. It was relatively uneventful though we had lots of trick-or-treaters and I got panicky at the end with the amount of candy that we had left but it worked out okay. $49.00 worth of candy was enough. I was going to go out and get more at the least minute but Sugar Momma was feeling too sick to answer the door so I didn't which turned out good because just what a former fat guy needs is extra candy around the house. I even told Fabio to hide the candy he got trick-or-treating so I couldn't find it because I would hunt it down if he didn't. I think he has it in his basketball bag with him at school.

Speaking of basketball he won both games again so now his team (A and B) are both 2-0 and since he has played in all four he is 4-0. Today is their first away game at Belvidere Central. Last year Belvidere Central beat them every time they met so this should be fun.

Tomorrow is November 2nd - election day. I am so happy that today is the last FULL day of political smear ads. The only two people that I have decided definitely to vote for are are Jesse White for Illinois Secretary of State and Pat Quinn for Illinois Governor. The others will be booth-time decisions. I hate to waste my vote on Green Party candidates and I am pretty liberal (okay very liberal) so most likely I will lean toward the democrats but if I have a flash of negative ad thoughts that could change. I may vote for the Green Party candidates just so I can complain about Global Warming.

Thankfully the weather is nice today. I have the Halloween decorations safely in the attic above the garage, I changed the oil on the 4Runner and have an appointment for new tires for it on Thursday. I will be just sitting in a tire store near downtown St. Charles if someone is looking for someone to hang out with for a while on Thursday mid-morning/early afternoon.

I don't know why I have been thinking about this but I still cannot figure out why the University of Illinois had to get rid of Chief Illiniwek. I didn't seen anything anti-semitic about Chief Illiniwek. It was actually a tribute to Native Americans as I saw it. The Redskins sounds racist to me. The tomahawk-chop could be taken as a slam against Native American culture. Supposedly I am 1/16th Native American but I don't pretend to know anything about the culture first-hand. I remember when I was very young I was always told that I was a little kraut. I was born in West Germany and I and am largely German/Irish. when I was young supposedly I ran around and said "I am a little sauerkraut." I don't mind drinking jokes about my Irish side. I am prejudice against prejudism but I think a lot of the time it isn't prejudice until someone makes it prejudice.

The Channel 7 News last night said that this October was the 38th warmest October on record." Are you kidding me? I could have sworn it was the 36th warmest. Who the heck sits down and calculates that? How about what's the 38th dumbest statistic in Chicago news history?

The next time I blog you I will have voted already. The main reason I always vote is so I can complain about politics. I am a firm believer that if you don't vote you cannot complain about the politicians. So...get out and vote Tuesday so you can complain for the next four years; that's what makes America great. Enjoy the weather and I will blog you again tomorrow sometime between voting, work, basketball in Elgin (Prairie Knolls) and everything else. TTTT...MITM.

No comments:

Post a Comment