Saturday, November 13, 2010

Oscar, Oscar, Oscar!

November 13th is a very historic day in television history that most people do not know about. I discovered it a couple of months ago by accident when searching for videos and/or graphics for a previous blog. I think I ended up using an Ernie and Bert video but marked my calendar for November 13th to use THIS VIDEO.If Sugar Momma ever kicks me out of the house I hope it's on November 13th. If not, I won't leave until November 13th even though I have LOTS more in common with Oscar Madison.

I appreciate all of your input on my uninvited guest situation but my dilemma of whether or not to go to see the fight kind of resolved itself. The person who invited me to go to another friend's house to watch the fight Saturday night texted me a little after 7:00PM and said his plans had changed and he wasn't going. That would have made it really weird for me to go without an invite - just showing up so I didn't go. Can you imagine me just showing up at the front door holding a huge bowl of guacamole? I'm glad I texted my friend before I went because if I hadn't I would have showed up and that would have looked kind of pathetic and creepy. Thankfully we now have lots of guacamole for Sunday on Mattgarita Island.

All of my years working for newspapers and writing television and radio news and I got a fact wrong on a recent blog. I reported in Thursday's blog that Toni Keller's body was reported missing on October 4th of this year. I knew it wasn't until closer to the MIDDLE of the month so I don't know where I got the 4th other than that Donna Doll's parents reported their daughter's body missing on October 4th, 1970 though she was last seen on October 2nd, 1970. Thank you to Vicky Benson, whose daughter is an in-law of Toni Keller's, for her comment on Thursday's blog and allowing me to get my facts straight. "This is why we should all get our sleep," he said after getting about six hours sleep in two days and writing this blog on Benadryl trying unsuccessfully to get some sleep. I would blame the Editor or the Editorial Staff but that's me too so I guess "The Blog Stops Here!"

I haven't told you in a while but I appreciate you taking the time to read my nonsense sprinkled with the occasional helpful and/or informative morsel. It's good practice for all the crap you have to wade through the rest of your day. One of my friends is talking about launching a blog or two that sound really good soon and I will let you know when they're up and how to find them. If you have anything you need plugged let me know and I will make sure the tens of people who read this blog are hipped to your pluggage. Have a nice Sunday and if I come knocking at your door remember it's Oscar, not Felix. TTTT...MITM! Now off to watch insomnia television.

No comments:

Post a Comment