Thursday, November 4, 2010

Give 'Em Hell Bloggy!

I am writing earlier than usual because for some reason I am really tired today. I also worked out today which didn't help. I seemed to sleepshe has asthma and allergies; I am okay last night and slept all the way until like 4:30AM. I did four loads of laundry (not too tiring), I went and picked up Sugar Momma's new medicine. Guess what...I'm not a doctor but I play one on a blog. I worked out, as I stated earlier, and it was tougher than usual probably because I was tired. I have been mixing the workout up a little. I now do my squats in a thrust position with one leg forward and one leg back. I change legs and do half of them with the right leg forward and half of them with the left leg forward. Then today I did 30% of my 600 crunches/sit-ups with one leg crossed across the other like in a crossed-legs position and then switched with the other leg on top. I don't know anything technical about working-out but whatever I am doing seems to work though I could probably be more efficient if I knew what I was doing. I think the insufficient sleep is catching up with me. I think I will resort to Benadryl tonight to get a full eight hours in. I would stay at a place called Benadryl Resort!

My life-long friend John commented on yesterday's blog about the political process. I was going to copy what he wrote but that's silly since you can just scroll down to the bottom of yesterday's blog and read it. He basically pointed out that politicians are supposed to convey and vote for what their constituents want as they are our "representatives." That sparked a lot of thought in my garbanzo-bean brain. when did our politicians become like prima donna rock stars? One of my favorite Presidents was Harry S. Truman (and not just because he was from the MIDDLE and he has an awesome MIDDLE name). After his Presidency he and Bess walked out of the White House and went to the train station and rode the train back to Missouri with tickets they purchased themselves with their own money. He took over for Franklin Roosevelt and had to make some of the toughest decisions any President has ever had to make (dropping the "big ones" on a foreign country) and ending a World War and then he buys his own train tickets and goes home with zero fanfare. Sugar Momma and I toured the "Little white House" in Key West and saw his regular guy poker table...cool. Did the rock star Presidency begin with Kennedy and his connection with Hollywood and the emergence of the television coverage? No matter when it began politicians don't represent us they represent big business and their own private interests be it oil or whatever they own stocks and businesses in. How do we reel these fat cats in? Okay enough of that because my insignificant voice means squat. In case you didn't know - Harry S. Truman's MIDDLE name is "S".

I told you I would fill you in on Fabio's last games. He played both the "A" games and the "B" games against Belvidere Central and Prairie Knolls (Burlington school district). Belvidere he just played at the end of the "A" game. When he came in they were down 46 - 17 and they ended up losing 46 - 21. The opponent did not score for the last three minutes while Fabio was it. He didn't score but he got an assist and 2 steals. He played a lot of the "B" game and they won 35-33 in overtime. Against Prairie Knolls he played just a bit in the "A" game again and they lost 49-37. He had 2 rebounds and an assist in the 2:34 he played. He played a lot of the "B" game again and they won 37-19. It seems like maybe they should play Fabio more minutes in the "A" games and maybe they'd be undefeated both "A" and "B". The "B" team is undefeated and that's where he has seen most of his time so far this season though he has played in every game both "A" and "B". I don't want to be one of THOSE parents but I know some are interested and I said I'd update you.

My paragraphs got lengthy again but at least I am posting it earlier so you can read it in chapters and enjoy it longer. Well, read it longer; "enjoy" might be kinda lofty. Friday is here. I don't know if you remember The Amazing Race last year at Fabio's school and how his team won and then they decided that somebody else won and took the trophies away? Well, tomorrow evening is the 2010 Amazing Race and I am once again the driver for his team (with new tires we are a "shoe"-in). I will let you know about that Saturday before I work a college basketball game. Okay...I'm done but cannot shut-up. Off to Benadryl Land. TTTT...MITM out!

No comments:

Post a Comment