Friday, November 19, 2010

Slam Bam Thank You Blog!

Saluute!

I promised a blog today but time is not my friend today so I am giving you a quickie so I am not a liar so don't expect too much from this wham bam thank you Matt.

I am going to work in about twenty minutes; Miranda Lambert concert. As soon as I get done (probably 11PM - 12AM) I am heading to Arlington Heights to pick up Splenda who is getting a ride there from friends from school. I can't wait to see her though it will probably be through slits for eyes.

Last night Sugar Momma and I were watching The Office and since we were watching it live we had to suffer the commercials. There was a Subaru commercial on and some lady was talking about Subaru is so great and she has a better life because of Subaru, blah, blah, blah... Some words showed on the screen in very tiny type saying "individuals were remunerated." I have two degrees and Sugar Momma is working on her third. She works for a publisher and I have written on and off most of my life so I was glad she asked me what it meant so I didn't feel so stupid. We both assumed it meant that she was a paid actress. So, I Googled or Binged it, I can't remember, but it said "to pay a suitable equivalent in return for good provided." I guess she didn't lie...Subaru did make her life better by hiring her to tell a fable about how Subaru changed her life. Who says television is the cause of America's dumbing-down? I learned a new word when I wasn't even trying....thanks again television.

I finished all of my projects I started yesterday: hanging blinds, changing the door locks,... When I do home projects I make Tim "The Toolman" Taylor look like Bob Villa or those dudes on those house make-over shows. But at least I know what remunerated means. By the way, I was not remunerated for these projects. Speaking of Tim Taylor, have you noticed that Tim Allen is the voice-over person of the day right now. I hear his voice on every commercial there is. Why didn't he get the Mr. Peanut gig? It's better to have Mr. Peanut sound like Ironman and Sherlock Holmes than Buzz Lightyear and The Santa Clause?

Alright, I gotta go get my Country Music on. Have a great Friday night (date night for some of you :)) I'll blog you tomorrow to let you know how the concert went Yeehaw Y'all...TTTT...MITM out!

No comments:

Post a Comment