Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Survived Global Warming...For Now

I know I said I wouldn't talk about Fabio's basketball games unless something great or unusual happened so I am already going to talk about his basketball game, sort of. I arrived at the school for the game yesterday and walked in as the tornado sirens were screaming all across the MIDDLE-side to find nobody in sight. I felt like I was in a scene from Omega Man (Omega Man was the original I Am Legend for you non MIDDLE-agers). The halls were baron. I knew that everybody was probably down in a basement somewhere but I didn't know where that was. I just stood in the hallway and thought about going out to the car and just sitting there but I just stood there waiting for my certain doom. soon someone appeared and told me where the basement was so I went to the basement. When I arrived the halls were lined with kids being told to be quiet. as I stood there with all of the kids and 8-9 teachers I thought that it was probably good that I was there. If a disaster did happen I would come in handy to either help save the children from beneath rubble or I would be a larger meal for them if they had to eat the others for survival. Soon the bus for the visiting team arrived and they were brought down to become appetizers for the main Matt meal. But then the all-clear was given and I escaped my certain doom or heroic feat depending on how the scene played itself out. Maybe I need to watch Omega Man again and make it my Netflix Movie Of The Week.The games were played and the "A" team lost 45 - 25 and the "B" team won 30 - 17. Fabio only played the "B" game and he played very well as usual of late. I guess the coach doesn't read my blog - "if Fabio plays they win." Or, maybe he just doesn't want the "A" team to win because he bets on the other teams in Vegas?

Today is the day i can finally profess my love for Miley Cyrus because she is 18 today. Actually I find her pretty annoying but that may just be that goofy Hannah Montana character that she plays. Now that I think about it just about all of those kids actors on The Disney Channel are pretty annoying. They must learn that at Disney Channel Over-acting School. while I'm blogging about annoying people I couldn't help but watch another episode of Sarah Palin's Alaska. I am thankful that I was born in west Germany because if she ever becomes President of the U.S. I may have to invoke plan B and utilize my dual citizenship. My favorite quote for this week's show was when her daughter Bristol was worrying about how she was perceived and Sarah said. "Oh, Bristol, don't be so conscious." I think maybe she meant "self-conscious" but maybe Sarah should take her own advise and stop being so conscious.

The second NFL coach of the season to be fired was fired this week - Brad Childress of the Minnesota Vikings. The lesson to be learned is not to let the Green Bay Packers blow you out. Both coaches that were fired this year were fired right after their teams were soundly beaten by The Packers.

What's going on in the MIDDLEwest with the weather? The week of Thanksgiving and yesterday was near 70 degrees and we had rain and hail and thunder and lightning and a tornado warning. supposedly a tornado got a school bus in Loves Park (maybe it wasn't named by Mother Nature). I guess all of the kids are okay but the bus was tipped over. You cannot convince me that there is not global warming.

Have a nice Tuesday night...Thanksgiving is almost here. I haven't decided whether to do the Black Friday Tribute tomorrow or Thanksgiving day. I will surprise you. Blog you again tomorrow Charo - TTTT...MITM (coochie coochie)

No comments:

Post a Comment