Wednesday, November 24, 2010

WWJD? - Read My Blog That's What!

I decided to wait until tomorrow to do the Annual Black Friday Tribute. It's more timely if it's on Black Friday Eve! Make sure you catch it because it comes but once a year.

On the way home from Plasmatown today I stopped by the store. I had two items that I needed to get. While I was walking through the parking lot back to the car I realized that my receipt said that I had purchased 26 items and I had only gotten one thing on my list of two. How I can I go to the store to get two things and not even get one of them? Especially when I have a list? That's why I carry a notepad with me all the time for when I have blog ideas but if I actually read the notes in the notebook I bet I haven't even blogged half of them.

When I was driving out of the parking lot with less items than I needed but more items than I wanted I saw one of the guys that holds the signs asking for money ahead. Before I got there I came to a sign on a stick sticking out of the top of a traffic cone announcing that he was ahead with a pre-message about his plight. When I got up to him I read how he lost his job, his wife and kids left him and he was broke and then at the bottom it read "WWJD?" Jesus would probably return that brand new racing bicycle with the rear rack that's locked up to the light pole on the other side of the street and use the $600+ he got back to buy food. I hate to seem unsympathetic but I don't buy it. I feel for people who are really on hard times but what's up with the bike? I should have offered him a hundred bucks for the bike; it's a lot better than my Murray bike that I have had for about 20 years. WWJD? I wonder if this guy is a franchisee for this business. Maybe WWJD stands for Why Won't Jou Donate in a mafia accent. You're a mean one Mr. Blog...(always the cynic).

If you're looking for a good recipe to take over the river and through the woods...to pass tomorrow consider this recipe for The best damn Cranberry Relish you will ever eat! It's from my friend in Portugal Jennifer St. Martin. If anybody knows Thanksgiving it's the people of Portugal. Seriously...she is a great source for all things nutritiously delicious. Also check out her recipe page Jen St's Favorite Recipes for other great healthy food ideas.

I am tired of hearing all of the complaints about airport security and the full body scans and the pat-downs. We want to be safe but we don't want to have to be inconvenienced by arriving a little earlier and having to wait in line for a little while longer. The rules are in place for our safety and the people there are just doing the things we wanted to be done. We need to respect police officers, fire fighters, security personnel... because they are providing services for our well-being. (personally I think PETA goes a little too far sometimes but I thought this graphic was funny and fitting here)

You can tell it's the end of the month by my crabby blog today can't you? "Matt-Stru-Ation...A Milton Bradley Game!" Ironically, I am in a pretty good mood but my crabbiness trumps my good mood.

I heard on the radio today that the guy they have in custody for the murder of NIU student Toni Keller said that he had to throw away a pair of shoes because they were covered in so much blood that he couldn't get it out. The police have been searching the landfill for the shoes. I am assuming that means that he has confessed or partially confessed to the murder. Then I wondered why did he flee if he was going to confess anyway? Then I realized that he probably knew he was going to be captured and that's why he was using his credit cards that eventually lead to his being caught. He was probably running his credit cards to the limit living out that question "what would you do if you had only one day left...?" knowing that he would never have to pay the bills. I hope he was right and he was living out his last days of freedom.

Be sure to tune in (or login) tomorrow for the Black Friday Tribute. I don't know what I am going to write but it will be spectacular. Also tune in to WGN Channel 9 tomorrow at 11:00 AM MIDDLEtime (or DVR it) and watch Boz, Ray and Gar. It's one of the funniest things I have ever seen about Bozo's Circus and Ray Rayner (and Garfield Goose). You have to see it. TTTTG (tg = thanksgiving)...MITM out!

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious PETA pic Matt! I agree, it is there for our safety, but wouldn't you agree that we could tone down being too "indiscriminate" and use some more common sense when it comes to screenings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would agree but in America we always seem to have a tendency take things to the extreme. That's why the rest of the world loves us so LOL!

    ReplyDelete