Monday, November 22, 2010

Let Us Give Thanks for a Short Work Week!

cue the original theme music

Happy Thanksgiving week. This week shouldn't be too bad for you working stiffs as it's an abbreviated
week for most of us in the good old U.S. of A.. I know there's those of you who have jobs that require you to work on or the day after Thanksgiving (police, hospitals, media...) but for most of you you'll get a long weekend this next weekend. There are also you who are not in the U.S.A. - seriously, Matt in The Middle is and international phenomenon. Okay, it may not be a phenomenon but it is international! At my last job we always had to work the day after (Friday) Thanksgiving. How the heck was I supposed to enjoy Black Friday if I had to work? I did experience Black Friday one year by using a vacation day but I will save that for a blog later in the week as I do my annual Black Friday Tribute. This is my first year that I will have a blog on Black Friday so it will probably be a one-time tradition. Does that mean I should go out and experience it again just so I can blog about it? I will if Sugar Momma will go with me - there's NO WAY she will so I am pretty certain I am safe. She doesn't even like to shop on Pink and Periwinkle Tuesday.

Yesterday I was going to blog when I got home from work but Fabio, who was going to go see the new Harry Potter movie with a friend yesterday, didn't get to go because his friend was sick. So, last night Fabio and Sugar Momma and I went to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part One. Splenda had already seen it at midnight on the night it came out and she was out with her friends. I didn't realize until this morning that I didn't blog yesterday. If you need to write me up or give me a verbal warning or give me a day off of blog without pay I will understand. I will blog a review of Harry Potter... on Middle Movie Reviews sometime today after I decide how I felt about it.

I didn't eat lunch yesterday and when I got home there was no time to eat before we went to the movie. We drove to the theater and got our tickets and then went to grab some fast food. Steak and Shake is close to our theater so we decided to go to their drive-through and grab something. Steak and Shake pretty much says what they have there - Steak (burgers) and shakes. Bully for them for not falsely advertising their wares. They also have chili and fries and stuff but there isn't much for a vegetarian to eat there. So now I know not to go to Arby's or Steak and Shake. Fab and SM got food and I had popcorn for dinner (no buttery topping). I am sure my digestive system will be thanking me all day today. I also had a 55-gallon drum of Diet Pepsi. I never had to invoke my free refill rights. I usually sneak in my own food to the movies but there was very little prep time for this trip. We haven't gotten a new fondue pot since I accidentally left the last one at the theater when we saw Get Him To The Greek - fondue and movies, a match made in Heaven.

I think I may lie down for a little bit to recover from working all weekend, not sleeping and playing limo driver on Friday night. Hopefully visions of Deathly Hallows will dance in my head so I can multi-task in my slumber. I will let you know when it's there. Have a nice start of your, hopefully, short week and I'll blog you later Turkey and Mashed Potater! TTTL...MITM aus!

2 comments:

  1. kudos to Jill for not joining the zombie shopping freak day...never understood why people would want to do that...it is absolutely a sick, disgusting ritual...also add ice cream store managers to your list of people who work t-weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some ice cream store managers!

    You're right...it's sick and crazy. Maybe with the way the economy is now people won't be so crazy this year.

    ReplyDelete