Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I WANT YOU To Read My Blog!

I have been up since 2:00 AM so I am tired and will probably keep this short (TWSS).

I voted at 7:00 AM this morning. I ended up voting for some Democrats, some Republicans and a couple of Green Party candidates. I actually vote for the candidates rather than the parties. It doesn't really matter anyway since most of them mainly serve their own best interests from what I can see. I think a big problem with our political system IS the party system. Quite a few candidates are like members of boy bands (I took that analogy from a guy on CNN while I was waiting in one of those automotive waiting rooms) but it was a good one. I agree - they look good on television but they have no substance (so endeth his analogy). This part is mine...occasionally you end up with a Justin Timberlake or a Ricky Martin but for the most part they are just glitz and no substance.

I ended up not working today. I was supposed to work but the shift was canceled. It was either because or not because they arrested a suspect in the DeKalb murder case of NIU student Toni Keller. It turns out the guy they arrested lived right across from the park from where the murder occurred. He lived less than a mile from our house. Based on the charges against him if he is found guilty of all of the charges he may receive the death penalty. I imagine that will be years from now by the time all of the appeals and trials are through. That would be a cool jury to be on though I think it may be hard to remain impartial. I guess I could do that. Even though the murder... was performed we don't know for sure it was this guy. If all of the details I have heard are true he must never have watched a television crime show of any type because he sure made a lot of basic errors - thankfully (maybe I will blog about that tomorrow).

So, since I didn't have to work today I went to St. Charles and got the 4Runner tires today. One of my friends from my former job, when I was a contributing member of society, hooked me up. Believe it or not I do have about five friends (and yes, that includes you). The 4Runner is a 2004 and it had the original tires; almost 109,000 miles. They were Dunlops - very impressed. The new tires do make a tremendous difference in the ride though. I didn't realize it was bad until I got the new tires. I accidentally did a couple of burn-outs with the new tires (not intentionally at first). The car still runs great and it's totally paid for - Toyota got a bad rap with their problems last year. This is the second Toyota I have had and they are the best two vehicles I have ever owned.

Alright - this is starting to get long (fill in the blank here). I have a lot more to write but I will write about Fabio's last four basketball games and a whole lot more tomorrow. Hey..we get an extra hour of sleep soon...well, an extra hour of awake for me I suppose. Blog you later political debater! TTTT...MITM!

3 comments:

  1. I heard an ad on the radio today and I think they stole your "middle" idea...it was for the Private Bank, and it used middle about 1ooo times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog today Matt (er...greater than usual!) 109K on a set of tires is awesome! You really don't know the difference until you put a new set of shoes on her...then you go OMG!

    Love the voting comment...it should ALWAYS be about the candidate...NEVER the party. To take it one step further, I've always said that we elect someone to vote the way "we the people" tell them to. I don't give a crap what his (or her) views, agenda or beliefs are. They are simply there to convey (vote) the way we tell them to...hence the title "Representative." At what point did it become about them? At what point did we start to give a shit about his or her views on gay marriage, abortion, etc... This should be a no-brainer. We tell them what to vote and they run their ass down to the House or Senate floor and vote that way. It should be a peon position, paid but minimum wage...a messenger if you will. Somewhere along the line it's morphed into a position of power and respect (ok, maybe not respect) and elitism. So when someone speaks of "taking the country back" it should refer to THIS ideal. Just my thoughts, for what they're worth. Blog on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't heard that commercial Stacee those rat bastards at Private Bank. I am still hearing all the ringing of political ads in my head. There is a television show called The Middle and there was Malcolm In The Middle so I guess I stole it too in a way.

    Wow John you are spot on about the political scene and thank you for the encouraging words about the blog. I agree...if 51% of your constituents are for gay marriage or legalized marijuana or whatever it should be our Representative's job to fight for that for the majority.

    ReplyDelete