Thursday, November 11, 2010

Mitch In The Middle

cue today's music

I worked this morning and was going to blog when I got home but don't know how many people like the MATTinees In The Middle so I decided to wait to get back into the night-time blogging. When I was at work today a guy kept calling me Mitch. I never mind when people call me by the wrong name. I don't correct them because I don't want to embarrass them and who cares anyway? My mom has always gotten crazy mad when people pronounce our last name wrong. Our last name is Helser pronounced Hell Sir. People, more often than not, call us Hesler but who cares? My mom cares, that's who cares? Call me Mitch Hesler and I will answer. Better yet, call me Slim Shady.

Yesterday while I was playing a plasma pinata I was reading the Northern Star. The Northern Star is the newspaper of Northern Illinois University. It's a free daily paper and they have it at the plasma joint. There was a couple of stories about an unsolved murder in DeKalb in 1970 with eerie similarities to the recent murder of Toni Keller. A couple of the weirdest to me were that Donna Doll was reported missing on October 2, 1970 and Toni Keller was reported missing on October 4, 2010 and where the bodies were discovered. Toni Keller, though they still have not positively identified the body, was found about one mile east of my house. Donna Doll's body was found about one mile west of where my house is now in a cornfield near Nelson Road. I hope one of the similarities that does not happen is that the killer goes free. The suspect in 1970 was eventually released because of lack of evidence though the case is still open in hopes that something will materialize to solve the case. With them not being able to positively identify the remains they found this year I hope that doesn't happen with this case. The way forensics are these days I am confident there will be closure this time. Is our neighborhood in the MIDDLE of a weird vortex? I will be out of town the beginning of every October from here on out.

What's the inside of the bend of your arm called? The anti-elbow? It has to have a name right? My anti-elbows look like they have the stigmata. That's why I was wondering what they were called. Anti-anything shouldn't have the stigmata.

I made the easiest potato soup in the world last night. I hadn't made it in a couple of years but Sugar Momma asked me to make it out of the blue. I didn't even think she liked it that much. The great things about it are: it's very easy to make, it's low in calories, it's low fat and it tastes great. I made it 100% vegetarian though you wouldn't have to. It tastes samfrantastic! I will put the recipe over there in the margin ---->. Great for cold weather which most likely will come soon right?

Friday is amongst us. I am going to get paid to see Northwestern play basketball Friday night so I will probably be blogging late again. Kazakhstan...what a country! The weather is going to start to get cold so get out there and get your potato soup supplies. You'd better do it now before everybody reads this blog and there's a run on the stores. Matt In The Middle...It's a household name. TTTT...MITM Audi 5000!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Matt, for your blog. It got picked up for me to read because I have a Google news alert active for Toni Keller. She is related to my daughter-in-law. So very sad. But I hope this doesn't interfere too much with your plans to stay away early October from now on: Toni was actually not missing on October 4. She was last seen on October 14 and reported missing on October 15. I do hope they find who actually did it and don't just latch onto a suspect who is convenient to charge.

    ReplyDelete