Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Surfing BOO-S.A.

cue today's music

Sorry for the blog-jam (late posting of this next episode of the award-winning Matt in the Middle) but I worked late last night, donated plasma this morning and just go done with the dryer repairman. I guess that should probably be the table of contents for today's blog.

Last night I gave Garrett Wolfe of the Chicago Bears the thrill of his life; he got to share the same air as Matt In The MIDDLE! I know he was thrilled. He was honored at half-time of the football game I worked last night. That was not the highlight of my evening, however. I, PERSONALLY, was booed by nearly 19,000 football fans (I actually don't know the exact amount of booers but I am guessing 19,000). It seems when people are crowd surfing they don't like to be told that if they do that again they will be asked to leave. I got to be the person to deliver this news on three separate occasions. One of the groups I told, one of the guys said "sorry, I didn't know that was against the rules." There are a lot of things in society that we know we shouldn't do even though there wasn't someone specifically telling us that it's against the rules. Being hoisted into the air by a bunch of shirtless, face-painted drunks while on top of metal seats on concrete should be an obvious no-brainer - DON'T DO IT! Another group I told this and I mentioned that I don't want to see them get hurt and the guy who was "surfing" said "thanks a lot I really appreciate that." I did not sense sarcasm either; maybe he was hoisted against his will and I saved him. Either way I loved getting booed on ESPN2 (the dos) - it completed me!

Got home late and got up for plasmatic work. I ate a protein bar for dinner last night at work, I hat a hard-boiled egg, protein bar and a protein shake for breakfast to make sure I passed the protein test and went on over. Blood pressure check, protein level check..all systems go for plasmoff. Then I got a phlebotomist who is suspect in the pincushion department and I was worried. She started digging into my left arm, the one with the biggest veins, and she poked and she poked and then called for back-up. She called for one of the people I know as one of the good pokers. The damage was already too far gone so she said she had to do the other arm/ she switched over to the right and got right in no problem. I wonder if I can request a specific vein-poker? There are about four or five there that I am suspicious of their masochistic tactics. So, now I have both arms wrapped instead of just one. No big whoop!

Then I raced home and met the dryer repair man; in this instance, yes, The Maytag Repairman! I had gone all summer without using our dryer. I line-dried most of the things but getting flack from the troops let me to washing towels every couple of weeks and taking the wet towels to a laundromat downtown. That was an educational experience for the most part. I actually enjoyed it. I saw a lot of interesting people and would get most of my errands done while the clothes dried. Winter is around the corner and I dreaded the thought of taking wet clothes into the freezing cold and seeing steamed-up windows at a laundromat. I started to take the drier apart myself and fix it but once I got inside I had no idea what I was doing. I am thankful I stopped because I assisted in the operation today and I would not have known to do any of what he did to fix it. It was well worth the $170 I guess. By taking the dryer apart I found about $23 in change, some jewelry and quite a few pens and pencils though. Maybe I should open my own LaundroMATT-In-The-MIDDLE. It would be like treasure hunting all the extra change I would accumulate.

Wow, I did a whole blog's worth of activities all in three "to do's." Two of them I got paid for (plasma and work) and one cost a bit. All-in-all I am ahead on the blog. Have a super humpy hump day even though it's half over. I will probably blog you later tonight but it may be tomorrow morning because the two blog's a day is too much for you to take sometimes. Depends how the wind blows. Either way - blog you later crowd surf hater. TTTT...MITM!

No comments:

Post a Comment