Saturday, November 6, 2010

Let's Do the Time Warp Again!

cue today's music

I thought I had heard that iTunes (ka-ching) was going to make their clips 90 seconds rather than 30 seconds. Maybe they just haven't started that yet because I am in the market for some new tune-age and I am sampling and they're still only 30 seconds. 90 second samples would help me I think and I probably would buy more if I knew I liked the songs.

R.I.P George "Sparky" Anderson. I loved this guy when I was a kid. It was hard not to be a Cincinnati Reds' fan growing up in the 1970's. I was a fan of his as an adult too now that I think of it when he was on WKRP in Cincinnati.

I watched Heaven Can Wait for about the twentieth time (I saw it in the theater in 1978). It’s funny to watch these old movies again. I used to have a Los Angeles Rams helmet; I wish I would have kept that. One of the funniest parts of the movie, which wasn’t supposed to be funny at the time, was seeing Bryant Gumbel doing the sportscast on the television with his huge afro. I love dreadlocks but I was never a fan of the afro. That bouffant thing was pretty bad too. Another funny part of the movie was when the team went into the locker room after practice did they grab bottles of Gatorade (ka-ching)? No, they grabbed cans of Coca-Cola (Ka-ching ching). The old NBC logo. It was the same when I watched Slapshot last week too. One of my Facebook (and high school) friends, Diane, was talking the other day about seeing Tootsie after a long time and how you forget how good those movies were and how weird it is that those are now old movies. During the winter I may have to start a 70’s/80’s/90’s movie night. What else is there to do in the winter? What a great way to get my money’s worth out of Netflix (triple-ching) and have fun with friends? I will let you know if this happens and advise you of movies and show times.

After I got off of work tonight Sugar Momma and I went to the movies and saw Hereafter. I will do a review of it tomorrow or Monday.

As I was driving to work this morning I saw what I found very interesting. Off to my left (South) were several spinning wind turbines (windmills). Off to my right (North) was steam billowing into the sky from the Byron nuclear facility. I just thought it was weird that I live so close to so many sources of energy. Not to mention that I was driving a fueled vehicle beneath electrical wires surrounded by corn fields under the sun before I drove over railroad tracks that haul freight cars carrying coal every day.

I bet this is the time of year where Duracel (ka-ching-aroo) and Ever Ready (boda-ching) make most of their money. Tonight we set out clocks back an hour and we are told to change the batteries in our smoke detectors and now our radon detectors too. And soon it will be Christmas when everything under the tree will require every kind of battery. I have mentioned a few times in my blog that I wondered why we still have Daylight Savings Time with the advances in farming. I believe I have solved it. Without Daylight Savings Time how would they remind us to buy more batteries? The battery industry is behind the Daylight Savings conspiracy.

All done. Off to bed to get an extra hour of no sleep. Have a great Sunday and an extra hour of whatever you enjoy. I’ll blog you again tomorrow an hour earlier but it will seem like the same time I think. TTTT...MITM out!

2 comments:

  1. So do people on third shift have to work an extra hr because of daylight savings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only if you work the Saturday/Sunday Shift yes but they may qualify for an extra 15 minute break less the time-change differential

    ReplyDelete