Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Pizza Apocalypse

When your smoke detectors go off do you really think there's a fire? Those things go off all the time.

There is psychic energy that surrounds our house. Sugar Momma and I will talk about something and a little bit later something very similar or having to do with what we discussed will happen. We really need to talk about winning the lottery more. I am sure it's just coincidence but it happens ALL the time. Yesterday I was driving to Sycamore to watch Fabio's basketball games and while I was driving in the MIDDLE of the NIU campus a plane flew over head pulling a banner advertising Domino's Pizza having $5.99 pizzas. I thought to myself, "self, that's a great idea advertising to students right before dinnertime with an airplane pulling a banner." Then my brain went off on a tangent about why don't they do sky-writing anymore, blah, blah, blah... Anyway, today I was donating plasma and reading MH (Men's Health, not Matt Helser) and there is a whole story about Domino's Pizza (as well as Pizza Hut, Little Caesar's and Papa Johns) and how they are ruining the planet...be right back the washer just stopped and I want to put the clothes in the dryer. Talk amongst yourselves...topic "how can Matt be so darned sexy."

I'm back with a bowl of potato soup that I just made again...Sugar Momma and Fabio were just talking two days ago how they are sick of pizza (which we really don't have very often) and then I see this plane and I wrote in my notebook on the way to Sycamore "something is telling me to write about pizza and sky ad plane for Domino's" and then I read the article today...NO PIZZA FOR YOU! It's like a sign from Caesar!

The article is kind of lengthy and, though I took notes while deplasmatizing, I won't go into all of the details suffice it to say that small tomato farmers in Ghana, small dairy farmers across the United States and small livestock farmers are losing everything and many are financially destroyed and suicide among small family farmers is on the rise. The article mentioned how tomato farmers in Ghana are killing themselves by drinking the insecticides they once used on the tomatoes and it also talked about Dean Pierson, an upstate New York farmer, who went to the barn and shot his 51 cows one by one in the head and then sat on a stool, put the rifle to his chest and pulled the trigger. Pizza is cheap, convenient and easy but if you have to have pizza make your own and buy local products. If anybody wants to read the article it's in the December issue of Men's Health. You can can read it right here. This article is going to make me think about every thing I eat; like the potato soup I am eating now (recipe still over there ---> cheaper than pizza). Also, for some alternate recipes and healthy food ideas visit Fenix Wellness (also in "suggested links" above right). I should have known when poor Little Caesar was forced to ride in the back of that truck alone. My further suspicion of pizza occurred when the woman donating plasma next to me spewed blood that looked like pizza sauce all over the face shield of the phlebotomist hooking her up to the machine. It was like a 3-D Pizza Horror Movie but it was really cool and great timing.

I finished the patio after I got home this morning. They are right about not exerting yourself right after donating plasma. I thought they were full of beans but it's true; I am more light-headed than usual. This got lengthy AGAIN, sorry. I am going to get blogger-tunnel syndrome if I don't learn to control my blogging. I will tell you about Fabio's Tuesday games tomorrow (not much of a cliff-hanger). Have a nice rest of your Hump Day. TTTT...MITM (out)!

No comments:

Post a Comment