Monday, November 29, 2010

Fragile' - Read with Caution!

Can I open that for you?
Who invented pockets? I think that's one of the most overlooked "inventions" of all time. Without pockets I couldn't be a Swiss Army Person. Now that summer is over and I can't sanely wear cargo shorts I went out and bought a couple of pairs of cargo pants. "Pairs" ...that seems odd since "pair" is already plural but I bought a pair of a pair so that would be pairs wouldn't it?


Yesterday when Sugar Momma and I took Splenda to catch her ride back south to school we stopped and ate at Cheeseburger In Paradise in Lombard. I have been there before but I will Yelp it in the next couple of days. When we were just about to get on I-355 to get back to I-88 there was a lady with a sign standing at the stop light. Her sign said "Single Mother. Homeless and hungry." Sugar Momma had a great question; where are her children? There are always flaws in these franchisees' business plans (no kids, $1000 racing bikes...). You have to own the role; be committed to your craft. 
It's a Major Award!
Over the weekend Fabio put almost all of the Christmas decorations up himself. He did a lot of it while I was at work Saturday. Today I put up the lights on the gutters and the wreath over the front door. It was great that he did it all. I suggested just buying a "fragile" leg lamp and having that as our only decoration. I think that's when he decided to get all of the stuff up before I bought the "major award." I guess Sugar Momma and I will do that when our elf Christmas decorating crew moves out. You can can even buy one that is shipped to you in a wooded crate just like in A Christmas Story. They also have one that the base is signed by the actors who played Ralphie and Randy and Scott Farkas and Grover Dill and Flick and others but I cannot remember who. Hey, when's the Geneva Christmas Walk? I wanna go this year (they actually have chestnuts roasting on open fires).


Did you hear about the guy who fell to his death at the Bears game yesterday at Soldier Field? I haven't heard the cause yet though they said he may have just fallen or they suggested that he was some kind of a building climber like Spider Dan or something. Wasn't it the last Bear's home game where the news showed some drunk guy who had climbed up on a brontosaurus outside of the Field Museum next to Soldier Field and was pretending to ride it? What the heck is going on at Soldier Field? Most of the times I have been there I have been so drunk that I don't remember much. Oh, maybe I answered my own question.  Speaking of that, they are still selling that Four Loko in Dekalb if you're looking for it. That's the energy drink/alcoholic beverage that has been at the forefront of all the controversy. We also have all of the flavors of the alcoholic whipped cream out here in the MIDDLE of the corn too for all of your holiday needs.

Whipped Lightning Go Whipped Lightning!
My sleeping is going a little better for the last couple of nights. I am using the C-PAP machine. I think one of my problems without the machine was that I was getting stuffed up in the MIDDLE of the night and I would wake up. I must have allergies of some type which is also why the Benadryl helps me get to sleep but it must wear off throughout the night and I wake up. I tried the radio to have something boring to focus on and that helped a little but one thing that I used to do and had forgotten about was to make my body "fall asleep" a little at a time. One of the suggestions I received made me remember that. I start at my feet and concentrate on them until they fall asleep and slowly work my way up my body one section at a time until I am gone. I guess it's kind of like mind/body control or meditation (MATTitation) or something. It's only been two nights but I think I may be onto something. Thanks for the help MIDDLERS!

Shorter than the average blog as Cyber Monday comes to an end. Basketball today - "A" team lost and "B" team won (Fabio didn't play "A" so they lost again he ran the "B" offense and they won by 20). Blog you again tomorrow. I watched a good movie about insomnia today. It was a Christian Bale movie that I hadn't heard of but I will review in on MIDDLE MOVIE REVIEWS tomorrow. Patience is a virtue. TTTT...MITM

No comments:

Post a Comment